IGNORED

Crossing fingers for NZ travel bubble

Mose

One of my relatives is currently toying with the idea of coming across late April. Resisting the urge to say anything that would make her feel coerced into it is killing me. Earlier today I had no expectation of seeing her before our hoped for July school hols trip. Now I am on edge!

The set up sounds pretty sensible, and designed to adapt sensibly to relative risk.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mose

• Bornagirl

• Mrs Twit

• MsLaurie

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiwi Bicycle

Can I say I just hope my inlaws don't make any plans? No family holiday ( with all 3 kids plus families), and definitely no coming over to stay with us? Our house has become too small with DH WFH permanently. I am still freaked out about what if we have them over and we all have to quarantine?

No travel bubble has its benefits.

Edited to add. DH has informed me that FIL is making plans but DH has told him we might have to go away together as home office means the spare room isn't available. So yeah, inlaws might not be staying in our house but blah we will be holidaying with them.

Thankfully nothing booked yet...

My sister messaged ne saying she wants me to meet my new nephew too.

ineedmorecoffee

Half of me wants to jump on the first flight out to NZ and the other half has watched too much news in the last year and can’t be bothered chasing refunds. Might wait till we are fully vaccinated at least.

Sancti-claws

My 94yo neighbour's daughter is already pressuring her to come over. They miss their cash cow. (I know, meow - but they had her for 3 years and had her fund their lifestyle until an insurance payout came through and they packed her off straight away - and now that fund has dried up, they want her back.) To me it just doesn't make sense to get her over in time for Winter.

I am advocating for her to keep her independence wherever she is - she has family in WA and that daughter, but nobody here except her gorgeous little home and "the best climate in the world".

Half of me wants to jump on the first flight out to NZ and the other half has watched too much news in the last year and can’t be bothered chasing refunds. Might wait till we are fully vaccinated at least.

Us too. The first half won out and we are headed over the first week the bubble opens. Trying not to think about all the things that need to go right for that precious booking reference to turn into a real life hug from my mum.

Us too. The first half won out and we are headed over the first week the bubble opens. Trying not to think about all the things that need to go right for that precious booking reference to turn into a real life hug from my mum.

That's great that you made the bookings, fingers crossed that you get that hug!

Advertisement