IGNORED

2 days in Sydney

HypnicJerk

We are heading to Sydney for a sporting event. We have 2 separate days free during our time up there.

Staying in Sefton, south of Parramatta.

Ideas of what to do?

Days free are Friday and Sunday. Nothing overly energetic on the Friday as the Saturday is a big day for DS.

edit for more info:

Kids are 14 & 12.

We will have our car

Edited by HypnicJerk

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ozgirl

• HypnicJerk

• Dadwasathome

• Antifa

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the sporting event? Sefton is about 25 minutes from Parramatta, and not exactly a tourist hub. Do you have a car? You are not that far from Cabramatta, which is a very vietnamese area. It’s a fun day to wander around and eat some fantastic food. Canley vale has good Vietnamese food as well.

You could do a lot worse than catch the train to Circular Quay and take a ferry to Manly. It’s a lovely way of seeing the harbour. Otherwise, you can climb one of the pylons on the Harbour Bridge for a tiny fraction of the bridge climb, do a tour of the opera house, walk around the rocks and Millers Point, and for something close to home, Ahn Restaurant in Greenfield Pde in Bankstown has Sydney’s best pho.

Lukes mummi

Train, ferry and bus travel is a lot cheaper on Saturday and Sunday s- I think it’s capped at $8.50 now with an Opal card. So if you are planning on doing a train/ ferry trip I would definitely do Sunday.

Have you been to Bondi beach? The Bondi to bronte walk is also a tourist icon.

Not Escapin Xmas

I’d drive to Parramatta and then express train to Sydney. What sort of things are you interested in? Sydney has a lot to offer :)

Crazyone4532

It definitely depends on what sort of things you are interested in.

- Bondi to bronte walk

- ferry from circular quay to manly (great way to see the harbour)

- Blue mountains trip

- Taronga zoo

You could do a lot worse than catch the train to Circular Quay and take a ferry to Manly. It’s a lovely way of seeing the harbour. Otherwise, you can climb one of the pylons on the Harbour Bridge for a tiny fraction of the bridge climb, do a tour of the opera house, walk around the rocks and Millers Point, and for something close to home, Ahn Restaurant in Greenfield Pde in Bankstown has Sydney’s best pho.

Ahn is good, but Pho tau bay in Cabramatta is better....

Dadwasathome

Would the Blue Mountains be an option for us?

Absolutely, but driving would be easiest unless you want to take a long time or three trains.

Would the Blue Mountains be an option for us?

Absolutely, but driving would be easiest unless you want to take a long time or three trains.

That's fine. We will have our car. I haven't been there before so don't know much about the area. Happy to do some walks, up to 1hr - don't want to exhaust DS the day before an event but still want to make the most of our time there.

Blue mountains will be easy to get to from Sefton and probably only take a bit over an hour. The Scenic Railway is still good fun even in COVID times and there are a heap of short but pretty walks in either Katoomba or Blackheath.

Dadwasathome

Blue mountains will be easy to get to from Sefton and probably only take a bit over an hour. The Scenic Railway is still good fun even in COVID times and there are a heap of short but pretty walks in either Katoomba or Blackheath.

Agree with this. Wentworth Falls too if you want less crowded than Echo Point. There are so many great walks and lookouts.

Scenic World is overall good fun.

Guest Chamomile

I recommend Echo Point at the blue mountains. Next to the information centre at Echo point, there is a rock archway. Follow that path and it’s a very short easy walk to the first sister.

Scenic world is also good.

We heard the zig Zag railway in the mountains is up and running again but haven't checked the info out ourselves

Not just yet. Soon- scheduled to be late 2021.

Scenic world is a great day. Go on the Friday.

You can catch a train to the mountains from the western line- parramatta station has no parking though.

Sydney Zoo is on the way to the Blue Mountains too if you want to squeeze that in.

Also you could take the Rivercat from Parramatta all the way to Circular Quay. Such a nice boat ride with interesting views.

I would do this.

On the sunday I would look to do a ferry ride.

I agree with the parramatta river cat to circular quay, however not sure how convenient it would be getting to the rivercat from Sefton.

See what is on in parramatta park and the riverside theatres. Sometimes they have kid friendly stuff.

Not sure what dateSs you are there. Just google 'whats on in parramatta'

There is a Disney + drive 'pop up' at the stadium.

And something called Parramatta nights.

And I would do the blue mountains on the friday.

Its nuts up there every weekend at the moment. So sunday traffic could be a nightmare.

Yes, Scenic world in the blue mountains is definitely a good option. We went up a few days ago. They currently have “sculpture at scenic world” which are sculptures installed along the walking route at the bottom of the cable way/railway. Just a bonus.

ETA not sure when you’re visiting, the sculptures are only there til May 1. But a nice walk at the bottom of the valley even without them.

Advertisement