IGNORED

Let's build up some savings!

cardamom

My update is that my savings are back to $60k level from start date of 30/10. We have managed to recover the $3.5k outlay from our minor renovation and cover Xmas costs and holidays.

I was actually feeling a bit down that our savings hadn't increased and then I referred back to my post and feel OK given the period of time is only 2 months since I started.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cardamom

• Ozgirl

• Kallie

• keirapep

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m scared for our savings. We decided since I have another few weeks off work, we would rip out our downstairs. It is a huge space 😱 we flood as we live on a river, and the previous owner raised the floor so we are bringing it back to concrete level so we can be covered by insurance

Savings 1. $888

Opps. Went backwards. Should be closer to $1500, but had two big costs this week. Bought all new bedding to try and help with my allergy issues and replanted my front garden where all my plants had died off, it looked terrible, so have replanted with natives and drought tolerant plants.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We've gone a bit backwards so far this year, adjusting to no more ppl, but we'll make it back I'm sure. Dh is looking at applying for a job interstate which would do interesting things to our finances, but who knows how that will pan out

Guest BusbyWilkes

We've gone a bit backwards so far this year, adjusting to no more ppl, but we'll make it back I'm sure. Dh is looking at applying for a job interstate which would do interesting things to our finances, but who knows how that will pan out

Wow - that would be a change. Would you move, or would he just go away for work?

We'd move, it'd be back to his hometown, so we'd have his family nearby which would be nice, kids haven't had much to do with them since they're on the other side of the country. I'm still wrapping my head around the idea, and it might not happen anyway, he'd have to get the job lol, but a tree change might be a good thing for us really. Kids are young enough that a few years there could do them good too. Dunno lol, don't want to get too caught up in it yet, but I think I'm on board if it happens

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pay day update:

Goalsaver: $25542

Treat account: $1400

Haven't updated in awhile:

Goalsaver: $27050

Treat account: $800 (needed to dip in to pay an unexpected tax bill)

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't updated in awhile:

Goalsaver: $27050

Treat account: $800 (needed to dip in to pay an unexpected tax bill)

Just posting to keep track:

Goalsaver: $28666

Treat account: $680 (treated myself to a new dress and jumper)

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 we're moving interstate 😂😂😂🤑🤑🤑

Woohoo!

You sound excited!

We have met our savings goal of paying our variable mortgage and now need to work out what to do with the savings over the next 13 months while our other mortgage is on the fixed rate as we can’t pay additional 🤷🏼‍♀️

• 1 month later...

This thread needs a bump! hope everyone is doing ok 😁

Our mortgage redraw is currently at 6k but it was recently at 10ish. We bought a car using some of the money, and paid the second of three instalments for DD’s private high school. But  it was reassuring to have that buffer zone there so I want to build it back up.

Edited by Zogee
Spelling

Advertisement