IGNORED

Xero or Quickbooks?

Guest Deleted User 133

For an incorporated association? Accountant recommended Xero. Canstar have Quickbooks edging out Xero slightly. Wont be needed for payroll or any HR related stuff.

Which do you prefer and why?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lees75

• Hills Mum Bec

• Karlee99

• bammerskids

Top Posters In This Topic

Hills Mum Bec

It’s been a long time since I have used Quickbooks but I wasn’t too impressed with it 10-15 years ago comparing it to MYOB (I used to have my own bookkeeping business). I use Xero where I work now and I love it, even better than MYOB. Very easy to use.

Xero most definitely. As an accountant who also works as a bookkeeper and with many bookkeepers and for incorporated associations (P&C) there is no comparison.

Be kind to the accountant and use the one they recommend. Please.

If their charge rate is $200-$300/hr literally saving them an hour or two is a big consideration to the fee they bill you, or the impact on the cost to the firm if it’s pro Bono.

But also xero. Because it’s awesome. But mostly because that’s what the accountant recommended.

I have used both (though certainly no expert) and I do prefer Xero. My accountant recommended it and although I was reluctant to change Xero is a lot easier

Both offer a 30 day free trial - so test them out and work out which one best suits the requirements.

Off topic, but can I ask you a question about your username, as it's a bit unusual? Is there a back story behind using cleaning cloth in dutch as your username?

It’s a Dutch colloquialism. People in the Dutch community call others poetsdoek in a way to refer to someone similar to pipsqueak or toe-rag (or at least that’s how it was used in our Dutch community). ETA: when I was living with my grandmother it was a term of endearment she used around the house.

Love the new name [mention]Poetsdoek[/mention]! Don’t suppose the inc assoc is a charity or not for profit? If so, Xero also offers a fee discount for those entities.

Advertisement