IGNORED

Do I want this job?

HypnicJerk

I have an interview this morning.

I work in COVID-19 response. The job I applied for is in a different section, same pay grade and probably the same contract length. Currently contracted to June but I expect that will be extended to the end of the year.

It comes down to which would be better for me post-covid.

My current role: Investigations/Inspections. I follow up complaints and reports of businesses being non-compliant with the Covid rules. I go out into the field then do a lot of follow-up from home chasing COVIDSafe Plans and other aspects of compliance. We work at 2 speeds; high pressure and slow walking pace. Currently I'm in a slow walking pace and it's rather nice.

This job is in events assessment. Assessing event plans and making recommendations as to if they should be approved or not, and giving feedback to the applicant as to what they need to change. This role would be all WFH. Initially it will be flat out as the team is small and the workload large. The people I'd be working with come from an events management background (those that I've been able to identify)

My background is in public health - Council health inspector. I stopped working in the field when I had DS 14 years ago and I've done a little of it since but largely stayed as a SAHM.

I'm thinking about which would be better for me post COVID. Which will set me up for future work.

Any thoughts?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jayskette

• Not Escapin Xmas

• HypnicJerk

• humblebumble

Top Posters In This Topic

you don't know if tomorrow we will all die by a giant meteor. do you like the job?

just hearing the job description, the skills required puts you in good stead for any future job. advanced communications, negotitation and diplomacy, and organisation.

Not Escapin Xmas

If you're happy where you are, then I'd just stay there. Events can be extremely stressful which leads people to behave badly. I'd want more $$ before I started dealing with that level of crazy...

I guess its hard to say what will happen in the future with either of those roles.

Both of them sound like they will give you plenty of strong skills for future roles. So I suppose ultimately it comes down to what you are wanting from the roles?

To me, the current role sounds ideal and if you generally enjoy it then I wouldn’t change it! However If you want a change and feel this other role may broaden your skill set then it may be worth accepting.

How did the interview go? I assume you would have found out more information about the role, and can now make a decision?

If you have the experience you'll always find a job, whether now or in 6mths or a year! have the interview & go with your instinct , though you've probably had the interview now.

Advertisement