IGNORED

Work Situation - When to move on?

Aughra

How hard do you fight for your rights at work?

I feel like if I have to make a formal complaint and then escalate it because no one will respond it's probably not a company I really want to work for.

I'm aware of what the next steps should be if I really want to push it, but I'm not sure I can be bothered.

I need to have a job with an achievable workload and management support.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ozgirl

• Aughra

• Antifa

• Not Escapin Xmas

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure if I am what you want to hear. But I had an untenable work situation - too much work and no management support. I am fighting it to the bitter, bitter end. For me it will be the hill I die on if needed.

I think though you need to try and fix it, for youself. Ask for what you need (or complain as you have said above - if you dont ask you dont get. Then decide what to do if its not recieved well.

Thanks Ozgirl. I've already started the process but just get sick of how hard it is to get any support. It's affecting my health but I feel like it's my job and I have a right to have the support I need to do it.

I worry that it will be impossible to work with my manager if I make any more of a fuss.

Good luck with your fight!

You have to do you.

You can start your fight, and end it at any point (I can too) but if you want to fight, fight I say.

Do what your guts says until you end up with an outcome you want or your gut tells you to stop. Or stop if the fight is affecting you health more that the orignal work situtation was.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure you put EVERYTHING that happens in a diary - how much you have to do, how it makes you feel, how it’s impacting your work and home lives, everything.

If you end up on a workcover claim from stress (which Ian extreme way of dealing with it, but can be done) it will be invaluable in helping show what you went through and winning a claim.

AweAndWonder

Emailing yourself or recording on voice memo on your phone are far better than hand writing on note pad or diary, in terms of contemporaneous note keeping, if you are so inclined.

Advertisement