• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• squeekums-the-elf

• VeritasVinumArte

• Sincerely

• Silverstreak

Top Posters In This Topic

Accounts clerk at 18. My parents didn’t let me work during school, wanted me to concentrate on school.

My first job set me up pretty nicely for my career in the long run. GFC hit a couple of years after and have affected many of my uni friends’ careers.

squeekums-the-elf

Thanks Squeekums-the-elf.

I think it sounds, overall, like a great experience - hard work no doubt, but the highs would have been worth it. I’d never heard of the Possum Cave in Mt Gambier before your post - now it’s on my bucket list 😀.

Oh yeah, hard at times but so fun

The possum caves are a really old sink hole I believe, full of greenery now and the possums have made home, it's pretty cool

My first proper, regular job with payslips, paying tax etc was McDonalds, I did the odd baby-sitting and very occasionally helped out at a family member's business before that.

Wendy’s hamburgers. Similar to all other fast food places. Had the added bonus of having to dress up in a blue and white dress, put a red wig and wander around giving out vouchers - brought out all the sleaziest men to a 15yo girl.

I did some babysitting on a regular basis for a very rich family (or at least they seemed rich to me).

Then I got a part time job at Big W. Worked checkouts, lay-by then became the service desk and red light girl. :) Just hand me a microphone and let me go!

I remember for 7.75 hrs per week I earned $24.75 and got it in cash in a pay-packet.

I loved my job and made some fabulous friends that I am still in touch with forty years later.

Advertisement