IGNORED

webcams

WaitForMe

We use Teams at work and I've noticed some people will keep their camera off and muted until they have something to contribute. Some of my meetings are long and much of the content is not relevant to me so I'd like to be able to do this. On Teams, you have to press the camera and unmute buttons in the app separately to do this so its a bit of stuffing around, and so I'm thinking they have some capability built into their webcam. Like a separate remote button or something that turns the camera on and unmutes all at once? Or it could be a speaker which can also turn off the camera?

Just wondering if anyone knows what they might be using.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kiwi Bicycle

• WaitForMe

Top Posters In This Topic

Kiwi Bicycle

My DS uses a Jabra speaker phone attachment. It's a circle speaker with buttons to adjust voume and a mute button around the side. He has asthma cough, so frequently hits the mute to cut that off, It doesn't do the camera. But I think Teams has a option that the camera only turns on when you speak, so maybe the unmuting tne speaker then activates the camera?