IGNORED

Child care subsidy

DragonsGrace

DragonsGrace

I enrolled DD in OOSH last week to start this week. Did a claim for CCS which said it was going to take 4 weeks to complete. Then my MIL said she’d be happy to watch DD in the afternoons instead so I called the OOSH to pull her out. They need 2 weeks notice so she’ll be going for the next 2 weeks then leaving. I went onto myGov to withdraw my claim for CCS as I figured it would be easier than dealing with it after she left but it’s already gone through and I can’t withdraw (only did it 2 days ago).

Does anyone know if I need to tell them she’s not going anymore or will they just stop when the OOSH stops registering her attendance? I did note them saying something like no attendance for 14wks will stop the payments completely but I don’t know if I’m supposed to let them know. I’d rather not have to deal with them because I physically had to go in on Wednesday because I was getting nowhere online and over the phone (couldn’t get on to a person)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DragonsGrace

• Bad Cat

• Lou-bags

• MB530

Top Posters In This Topic

It will stop. It only pays when the centre sends attendance data.

The 14 weeks thing is if they send no attendance for 14 weeks it get cancelled.

Might be worth sending her for the odd day here and there to keep the CCS going seeing as you’ve already gone through the hassle. You never know when you might want to use it down the track?

Just a thought 😁

My thought was also to just book/use one day a week to stay in the system and so that she’s familiar with the staff etc in case there are days when your MIL isn’t available/on holiday/sick/has an appointment etc. If you’re already at the centre they will give you first preference (subject to availability) if you need an extra occasional day for whatever reason.

DragonsGrace

I’m in the lucky position to have extremely flexible work hours so if MIL isn’t available I will just leave work early. Centrelink initially refused to believe that my DH has earned a substantial amount less this year than last (umm pandemic, he works in the steel industry) and also asked for our wages for next financial year. So I don’t think that keeping Centrelink involved will come out well for us. I’d much rather give them the flick. We don’t receive any other benefits or payments from them so I’ll give them up completely.

Thanks for the suggestions though 🙂 (genuine, not sarcastic lol)

Advertisement