IGNORED

Will I need to make an application?

henryk

I’m currently on mat leave, and got a call from my boss today letting me know there was a role about to be advertised in another department and that the partner in charge of that department had spoken about possibly ‘poaching’ me for it (it’s only part time so I would theoretically be able to also hold onto my current role in some capacity).

I said I might be interested, and HR has just sent me through the job description to have a look through - and also mentioned that the role was advertised today on Seek.

I know it might be a bit organisation dependent but does the fact that they’ve already advertised it mean they would expect me to also formally apply and interview for it?

Will need to have a chat with them obviously - just want to be prepared, I have a 4mo baby who doesn’t sleep at the moment so not sure I have the mental capacity for putting any real effort into it right now.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chillipeppers

• Mishu

• alchetta

• Rosie28

Top Posters In This Topic

Check -I’d say you’d need to go through an interview process but you might not need to complete a formal application, especially if they already know you.

Sancti-claws

In any of my experience - yes. They need to follow all of the protocols in filling the position which includes having all of the paperwork that backs their decision should any other applicant request reasoning for their decision.

What they have indicated is that you are favoured to get the job. You just need to make it easy for them to be able to offer it to you.

Of course. It's not just being handed to you, you need to apply. They just thought you would be interested.

They need to find the best person for the role, so advertised it. You might not get it.

How big is your organisation?

In small organisations, my experience is that if you express you’re keen for the role then you’ll probably be appointed in the role without an interview.

In larger organisations, you’ll probably have to apply.

I had to apply for my current job, go through an interview process even though I was asked to do the role by the GM of the area. There was no question that I was going to appointed but a formal process still needed to be followed. The interview wasn’t really an interview, it was a catch up to make sure I was happy to actually accept the role...

Advertisement