IGNORED

Amazing Race Australia

Mooguru

Yep I was cheering when I thought Holly and Dolor were finally gone, so bummed when they were saved.

Did the promos sound like they would have to do an escape room-style challenge on the train or did I misinterpret that? That would be cool if they did.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bethlehem

• Hills Mum Bec

• Ozgirl

• Dusty

Top Posters In This Topic

Another team of stowaways is just taking the piss. It feels like the show has been going on forever and there is now 10 teams again??! Honestly, it’s just silly. And yeah, I feel totally cheated that Holly and Dolor were saved by another convenient “predetermined non elimination round”. Just get rid of them, please.

Right so, we’re up to date.

Actually laughed out load when Holly described Dolor’s dancing to be just like Usher after the Chinese New Year challenge and Dolor’s squealing catching the barramundi was hilarious. I noticed Dmes picked the fish up by the gills, nobody else did that, that was a very effective way to carry the fish. Good one.

Are we three weeks into the series and have 3 or 4 eps a week? I’m from Melbourne, everything’s a blursday for me.

So my theory is after 3 weeks we’ve lost 3 couples, twin models, the mums and the parents, have I forgotten anyone? So my reckoning is if the show was weekly then we lose a couple after 3-4 episodes so we’re weirdly on track, I also read on Daily Mail (pls don’t flame me) Beau worked on the series for 2 1/2 months, this series is definitely not a 40 day challenge like pre-COVID-19.

Damn shame the footy girls came in late, they’re awesome!

The promo’s with the body builders could be a giggle, left and right lol

Love the Super Seiks (sp?)

Hills Mum Bec

Yep I was cheering when I thought Holly and Dolor were finally gone, so bummed when they were saved.

Did the promos sound like they would have to do an escape room-style challenge on the train or did I misinterpret that? That would be cool if they did.

I was thinking it sounded like an escape room challenge too.

As much as Holly and Dolor should go I think they are keeping them in for entertainment value. They are the closest we have to baddies.

We wait each episode to see what the big, strong, clever, talented and fearless Dolor is going to be scared of.

Are the players allowed to change their minds once they find out what the challenge really is for a road block for instance? Do they read the first part of the clue and have to decide then and there? Not knowing what "who wants to get dirty" means?

If I was reading with my husband I would immediately give up taking the dirt bike challenge to my husband when I found out what it was.

Are the players allowed to change their minds once they find out what the challenge really is for a road block for instance? Do they read the first part of the clue and have to decide then and there? Not knowing what "who wants to get dirty" means?

If I was reading with my husband I would immediately give up taking the dirt bike challenge to my husband when I found out what it was.

I don’t think so. I think once it’s decided it’s decided.

Are they having the teams do equal roadblocks this year?

I'm really sick of the footy girls and I don't like the other stowaway team either. So unfair on the people who've been there from the start. The footy girls are fresh and keep getting days off while the others slog it out. If they win it will be a complete travesty. Shitful move by the producers. I wish the footy girls would stop comparing everything to football. Yeah we get it, you're footballers. If you aren't some kind of product placement team inserted to promote AFLW, then shut up.

I really like the footy girls and the meat-heads amuse me .... but they really should have started together with the rest of the reams. Dumb idea and way too much of an advantage considering these two teams love the gym and are super fit.

Hills Mum Bec

Can we start introducing time penalties for not wearing a seat belt properly.

Yes! I have said the same thing to DD. I'm torn on thinking there are way too many non-elimination rounds and knowing that if there weren't as many then the show would be over already and I'm really enjoying it.

Can we start introducing time penalties for not wearing a seat belt properly.

Yes! I have said the same thing to DD. I'm torn on thinking there are way too many non-elimination rounds and knowing that if there weren't as many then the show would be over already and I'm really enjoying it.

Does dolor even wear one?

I think the non elimination legs have occurred cause they are in the middle of nowhere- hard to get them home. Eliminating people easier if you have more options for accommodation/transport.

Ugh so sick of Holly and Dolor, he is so rude to her and she is stupid enough to stay with him. His temper tanty about the subway last night was just so childish. They should have been gone weeks ago.

I was so worried for Skye-Blue and Jake last night, I thought they were gone. Especially with the promos saying that a race favourite will leave. They made it sound like it was going to be someone unexpected but it was the same team that has come last for the previous two legs lol.

Hills Mum Bec

Ugh so sick of Holly and Dolor, he is so rude to her and she is stupid enough to stay with him. His temper tanty about the subway last night was just so childish. They should have been gone weeks ago.

I was so worried for Skye-Blue and Jake last night, I thought they were gone. Especially with the promos saying that a race favourite will leave. They made it sound like it was going to be someone unexpected but it was the same team that has come last for the previous two legs lol.

I know! Not sure I would call them race favourites, I was pretty sure it was going to be Skye & Jake too.

I'm a bit over Chris & Alicia (more specifically Alicia's whingeing). Sometimes I have a thought that they are even more annoying than Holly & Dolor and then Dolor opens his mouth again and I think "Nope!".

Alicia seems fragile, like she’s really tired and near breaking point. I was impressed they came second I thought his leg despite carrying the bags.

Yeah Aleisha has gotten more annoying as the race goes on. She's not as bad as Dolor but there's been a few things that have happened with Chris and Aleisha that I think have contributed to why the other teams have shut them out of the 'original alliance'. Didn't they snatch the pen out of someone's hand when signing up for a challenge or a departure time?

I still think that there is far too much bunching in this season and while it can be interesting to see teams change places and from bottom to top, it also seems to negate any benefits to finishing at the top of previous legs when everyone ends up together again in the next leg and it means that weak teams can fluke their way to the top 2-3 places as we've seen with Holly and Dolor several times.

SillySausage

Yeah Aleisha has gotten more annoying as the race goes on. She's not as bad as Dolor but there's been a few things that have happened with Chris and Aleisha that I think have contributed to why the other teams have shut them out of the 'original alliance'. Didn't they snatch the pen out of someone's hand when signing up for a challenge or a departure time?

I still think that there is far too much bunching in this season and while it can be interesting to see teams change places and from bottom to top, it also seems to negate any benefits to finishing at the top of previous legs when everyone ends up together again in the next leg and it means that weak teams can fluke their way to the top 2-3 places as we've seen with Holly and Dolor several times.

Yep I feel this too - it doesn't seem to matter who finishes 2nd to 2nd last (1st get a prize, last potentially eliminated) as they all seem to leave within a similar time to each other the next leg.

Also, the leg when the body builders finished last but not eliminated, did they even get a penalty for the next leg?

Yep I feel this too - it doesn't seem to matter who finishes 2nd to 2nd last (1st get a prize, last potentially eliminated) as they all seem to leave within a similar time to each other the next leg.

Also, the leg when the body builders finished last but not eliminated, did they even get a penalty for the next leg?

They got a salvage- they were supposed to get a chauffeur. But they missed it I think. For people who aren’t keen to perpetuate the stereotypes... well...

SillySausage

They got a salvage- they were supposed to get a chauffeur. But they missed it I think. For people who aren’t keen to perpetuate the stereotypes... well...

There was a leg before that one, where they were last but there was no salvage or sabotage - the one back in Townsville where they got lost after the spaghetti challenge and the football girls beat them.

No, there seems to be standard non-eliminations with no penalty at all and then the Salvage and Sabotage non-eliminations. The boys 'Salvage' was that Chris and Aleisha carried their backpacks for the entire leg. Which actually seems annoying because what if they needed something out of the bags?

I’m very sick of Aleisha and her crying about every freaking thing. Dolor is still more annoying, but only by a margin. Can’t blame the rest of the original teams for forming an alliance without them.

Hoping one or the other team is next to go.

Advertisement