What are you streaming? The Netflix and more thread.

Biscuits

Awards

Here to recommend Man Like Mobeen on Netflix. It really surprised me how much I loved it, but I genuinely laughed out loud, and almost cried. Great mixture of comedy and reluctant thug life and the characters are just so lovable. Only 13 episodes across the first 3 seasons so it's quick to get through.
Cool

Awards

Thank you for the Beforeigners recommendation it's fabulous.
Ozgirl

Awards

Team Member

Okay

cheesy AF but my new favourite is ‘country comfort’

The kids are hilarious.
First EPU Aug 2017 - 4th embie was my BFP
Stillbirth 40+3 on 30 October 2018

2019 IVF with Donor Sperm, 1 Fresh | 3 FET - all BFN
2020 3rd EPU, 1 fresh (BFN) | 4th EPU, 1 fresh, 3 FET all BFN

2021 - ???
Green Grass

Awards

Thanks to the PPs who have recommended Beforeigners.
It was on my 'favourites' list but hadn't gotten to it yet.
2 eps in and really enjoying it so my Easter weekend is sorted.
STBG +2

Awards

I really enjoyed 'Behind Her Eyes', it is not usually my genre but this one got me in, I binge watched it.

Loved 'The Dig' and for about the 5th time I enjoyed 'Women in Black'.

There is a series on Stan called ' A Million Little Things' and I am not through it yet but to me it is a must see series when it comes to understanding mental health issues and so much more.
STBG +2

Awards

Oh, if you feel like a good laugh then watching 'Behind The Curve' on Netflix will equally make you laugh and feel intensely frustrated.

To give you a brief idea " The Sun is a giant light in the sky inside a giant terrarium"
TheMagician

Awards

STBG +2 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:27 am I really enjoyed 'Behind Her Eyes', it is not usually my genre but this one got me in, I binge watched it.

Loved 'The Dig' and for about the 5th time I enjoyed 'Women in Black'.

There is a series on Stan called ' A Million Little Things' and I am not through it yet but to me it is a must see series when it comes to understanding mental health issues and so much more.
Thanks for mentioning A Million Little Things. Thoroughly enjoying it so far.
Biscuits

Awards

I don't know if anyone's mentioned Good Girls on here, but if anyone's seen it, is it worth it? I'm only on episode 2 but it's just feeling too stressful for me. I can't handle these crime shows where people just dig themselves in deeper and deeper.
GrannySmith

Awards

I’ve been binging Wakefield on iview and enjoying it.
riotproof

Awards

We have been binging Mixedish on Disney, I didn’t realise it’s a prequel spinoff of Blackish.
It’s kind of like an 80s wonder years, but the current day sitcom with grownup Rainbow is not what they want apparently.
The kids don’t like Blackish at all, though they didn’t try very long.
A thanks means a hug, I’m so sorry, I hear you, totally agree.. depending on the context.
Cool

Awards

Fisk(Kitty Flanagan) show on abc is very funny.
Cheat on Stan is a four part drama/thriller worth watching.
The Serpent on Netflix (true story based on backpackers' murders in Asia during the 70s) is really well filmed(worth watching just for the brilliance of recreating Bangkok and other Asian cities in the 70s)but still not sure the charm Charles(the serial killer) had to have had to make so many people fall.for him was really conveyed.
Seayork2002

Awards

Team Member

I just found out the final ever Trollied episode is on Stan, they had the whole of the last series before but never the final actual episode
🇦🇺 🇬🇷 🇮🇪 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Hills Mum Bec

Awards

I finished A Teacher on Foxtel and really enjoyed that. I have watched the first episode of New Amsterdam, it was good. Medical dramas aren't usually my thing but I will stick with it for a bit.
Bad Cat
Subscriber

Awards

Right now I'm watching The Hot Zone. I've read the book several times so I know the story but thought I'd watch it now.
Cat. Lazy hairball that requires comfort at all times.
But also always paying attention and damn angry.
leosmum

Awards

GrannySmith wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:01 am I’ve been binging Wakefield on iview and enjoying it.
I’ve finished Wakefield and thought it was outstanding. A very insightful and honest portrayal of mental illness in many forms.
leosmum

Awards

Having finished Wakefield on iview, I’m watching Shtisel on Netflix and really liking that too (albeit completely different!)
Someone

Awards

leosmum wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:50 pm Having finished Wakefield on iview, I’m watching Shtisel on Netflix and really liking that too (albeit completely different!)
I love Shtisel! I watched the first two seasons late last year so was thrilled when they released season 3 and so far I'm enjoying it even more than the previous seasons.

Thank you also to everyone who's recommended Beforeigner. I saw a preview for it and had it on favourites so am really looking forward to watching it soon.
Silverstreak
Subscriber

Awards

I finally finished OITNB, all seven seasons! This is a big thing for me, it's one of the longest shows I've watched and one of only a handful I've watched from beginning to end, I am terrible at giving up halfway or towards the end of a show.

So I definitely recommend this one, it's a great balance of comedy and drama, lots of one liners and pop culture commentary and the cast are just amazing, I am going to miss them all!
Chillipeppers

Awards

I just watched a movie called Brooklyn. I really enjoyed it. It’s about an Irish girl that moves to Brooklyn for work as there’s none in Ireland. Set in the olden days. Absolutely loved it.
FloFlo

Awards

leosmum wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:50 pm Having finished Wakefield on iview, I’m watching Shtisel on Netflix and really liking that too (albeit completely different!)
Oh my goodness Michael Aloni's eyes!
Dusty

Awards

Fisk is wonderful, this show is my new Rosehaven!

Omg lust over Kitty’s suit and I adore Julia Zemiro’s character Roz
riotproof

Awards

Fisk is pretty good.

I tried watching Wakefield but I suspect I wasn’t in the mood.
A thanks means a hug, I’m so sorry, I hear you, totally agree.. depending on the context.
STBG +2

Awards

Cool wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:49 pm Fisk(Kitty Flanagan) show on abc is very funny.
Cheat on Stan is a four part drama/thriller worth watching.
The Serpent on Netflix (true story based on backpackers' murders in Asia during the 70s) is really well filmed(worth watching just for the brilliance of recreating Bangkok and other Asian cities in the 70s)but still not sure the charm Charles(the serial killer) had to have had to make so many people fall.for him was really conveyed.
Watching the Serpent now, I am surprised but I am hooked.
FloFlo

Awards

Watching Wakefield. Having spent many times in the mental health ward I'm finding it quite unrealistic but that might have to do with me having been in a public mental health unit and this one I'm assuming is private. Also none of the patients seem to be medicated which is unusual cause usually the first thing they do is get you medicated and stabilised. Unlike Wakefield, no mobile phones or computers are allowed but you can make phone calls using the phone that has been installed. And there is absolutely no way in the world that a baby would be allowed to stay on the unit especially if there are unmedicated people wandering around.

Also enjoying Fisk - huge fan of Kitty Flanagan, loving shtisel and my guilty pleasure Back roads on ABC.
riotproof

Awards

Is anyone watching The One?

What do you think?