IGNORED

OMG Julia Quinn’s Bridgerton Series drops as a Netflix Series Christmas Day

VeritasVinumArte

VeritasVinumArte

I have LOVED the Regency Romance Series the Bridgertons for years. Always anxiously awaiting the next novel.

Now one of my favourite book series is a Netflix series dropping Christmas Day! I am a bit unsure of such beloved reread novels not being as I imagined, but hopefully I will just enjoy the Regency Spectacle.

Oh well as Covid means I am not with extended family in Sydney I can lock myself in the front room (away from my family) to watch the 8 episodes.

Sort of like a modern day Jane Austin on steroids.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riotproof

• VeritasVinumArte

• Silverstreak

• Lukes mummi

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see other enjoying my guilty pleasure. Most people I know don’t understand my love for Historical Romance.

I'm not particularly a Bridgerton fan, but I love me some historical romance.

I've just been reading some Ella Quinn Regency romances, which have been good (on borrowbox from my local library)

VeritasVinumArte

Watched the first episode tonight and enjoyed. Hopefully I will rid the house of the family some time this week to binge the next 7 hrs in peace on the big TV.

Have started rereading the series again too. They have included some clever bits within some shots which readers of the books would note.

ETA: DH was valiant but only lasted 10minutes.

We were in Bath last year when they were filming this so I’m looking forward to watching it!

Oh that’s why I recognised many of the buildings! Was it all filmed pre-covid?

I know I've read some Julia Quinn books but not sure if they were this series.

My go to for Regency Romances (because really, she was the best) is Georgette Heyer.

We were in Bath last year when they were filming this so I’m looking forward to watching it!

Oh that’s why I recognised many of the buildings! Was it all filmed pre-covid?

I assume so. We were there in late September.

I'm binging on it today. Its really not my kinda thing at all but I'm loving it!

DH watched the first episode with me- kept commenting on the perfectly straight teeth and so many rich black people!

I think its the huge amount of poetic license they've taken thats helped get me hooked. I am otherwise completely over historical dramas.

VeritasVinumArte

Halfway through rereading the first book (The Duke and I) and I must say I do enjoy the writing style of JQ.

Initially the poetic license of Shonda Rhimes was disquieting but very quickly got over it. Sort of like my initial reaction to Hamilton music. Within first five minutes was hooked.

I've finished watching it. I came down with a really bad cold yesterday so it was nice timing.

It was pretty fantastic. I wont say too much but I'm surprised they revealed (to the watcher) who Lady Whistledown is, I thought it might be more like Gossip Girl in that regard.

I love the queen. They began adding just a bit more depth to her, so I'm looking forward to what they do with her in later series.

I wonder how long we'll have to wait for the next one...

VeritasVinumArte

Now 3 episodes in.

They have very much deviated from the novels, which changes how I view some characters as per the TV vs books.

Still in process of re-reading the whole book series.

VeritasVinumArte

Just finished the TV series. My last post still stands. A deviation from the novel, but enjoyable still. Would love to see more seasons.

so many rich black people!

I was going to ask about this but it is explained early in 2nd or 3rd ep. as the king marrying ‘someone like us’ so anything was possible. By the lady who raise the Duke.

Seriously could you imagine our world today if that had actually happened.

(For those who have read the books is it poetic license or were there black people in the books?)

Chocolate Addict

I binged it this week. I didn't know anything about it, including it is based on a book series.

I was wondering about the amount of rich black people too, especially considering in America at the same time they wer slaves.

Without giving it away, I worked out who Mrs Whistledown was pretty early on, I think it is pretty obvious.

I did enjoy it and assume there will be a second series?

Without giving it away, I worked out who Mrs Whistledown was pretty early on, I think it is pretty obvious.

I did enjoy it and assume there will be a second series?

Same here. I had my suspicions early on and then realised I was right with the ‘big reveal’.

Advertisement