IGNORED

What are you streaming? The Netflix and more thread.

Lady Sybil Vimes

Lady Sybil Vimes

I thought we could consolidate the threads on streaming devices into one here.

So what’s everybody watching? I watched the latest film version of Emma on Amazon Prime. Thought it was a bit arch to start with but I got into it by the end. I still prefer Sophie Thompson as Miss Bates in the 1996 adaptation, though. Still, any day with Jane Austen is a good day so I was happy.

Also watching Miranda on Stan and rewatching all of Friends on Netflix. Comfort watching.

I watched Emily in Paris this week. Terrible, terrible show, but just what I needed - and the saucy dreams featuring the male lead that have followed were well worth it.

Thanks, I think it is a great idea!

I forget to do this myself but can people name the show but which streaming site they are using please?

I started watching Ratched (Netflix) and I’m really not sure about it. Did anyone persist and is it recommended or not?

I watched Emily in Paris this week. Terrible, terrible show, but just what I needed - and the saucy dreams featuring the male lead that have followed were well worth it.

I gave up on Emily. I’m so glad you got something out of it Cardamon :lol:

I started Borgen on Netflix, but not totally convinced.

But really enjoyed The Split on Iview, love Nicola Walker. Both series are there.

Also, liking Ghosts, by the Horrible History crew on iview.

But my favourite thing at the moment are YouTube videos of train journeys. It’s the only way I can sleep, but they have to be really long, I woke up the other night half was through a documentary on Nazis. Not my first choice of subliminal messaging.

I have just watched Three Identical Strangers on Netflix about the triplets that were adopted out to different families and were not aware of each other. I hadn't heard to story before watching it and :shock:

• Like 1

Lady Sybil Vimes

I’m watching bee videos on YouTube at the moment. There’s an Aussie bloke called The Bush Bee Man that I’m finding very entertaining and I just love bees.

I started watching Ratched (Netflix) and I’m really not sure about it. Did anyone persist and is it recommended or not?

I gave up on Emily. I’m so glad you got something out of it Cardamon :lol:

Spoiler

I got quite a few episodes into Ratched but I lost interest when the guy escaped and somehow we're expected to belive a violent multiple murderer suddenly can't deal with killing a chicken.

If you like youtube travel videos there is one by a British canal (narrow) boat owner called '"Country House Gent"

He has Amazon videos as well but not sure if they are on the Aus Amazon or not

I fell asleep during Emily.

I'm starting to watch the Alienist season 2 on Netflix. The American accents are super jarring to start but maybe it's because I expect all 1800s shows t to be English.

I binged watched criminal on Netflix. Really enjoyed it.

I'm starting to watch the Alienist season 2 on Netflix. The American accents are super jarring to start but maybe it's because I expect all 1800s shows t to be English.

Is Criminal the show where they are being interrogated so it is all in one/two rooms? if so I watched the first British one with David Tennant but I wanted to know if he was guilty or innocent, as I did not find out I gave up. I do want to watch it and maybe the point is not to know but I need to enjoy the show

I have just watched Three Identical Strangers on Netflix about the triplets that were adopted out to different families and were not aware of each other. I hadn't heard to story before watching it and :shock:

This was fascinating wasn’t it. And appalling. I jumped on the exercise bike and started telling DH about it. I was still going when I finished my workout.

Is Criminal the show where they are being interrogated so it is all in one/two rooms? if so I watched the first British one with David Tennant but I wanted to know if he was guilty or innocent, as I did not find out I gave up. I do want to watch it and maybe the point is not to know but I need to enjoy the show

Yes that's the show. But they do all tell us at the end of their guilt or not

Hills Mum Bec

Currently watching Walking Dead World Beyond on Amazon, it's been a while since I watched anything week by week so that is frustrating always waiting for the next episode.

Watching Doc Martin on Netflix with the kids.

Almost finished second season of How To Get Away With Murder on Netflix and I am loving it.

I just got back into New Girl after watching it years ago, and am really enjoying it - it is much funnier than I remember! Just what I needed to fill my post-Schitts Creek void.

Can you please watch Valeria? It is racier than Emily but so good. And I promise the male cast is worth it.

I started Rita season 5 last night. Love her.

This was fascinating wasn’t it. And appalling. I jumped on the exercise bike and started telling DH about it. I was still going when I finished my workout.

It was unbelievable. I felt devastated for them.

MerryMadigralMadge

I went to all the effort of getting a VPN and setting up an account on HBO, just to watch the West Wing Special, which someone has already posted on Vimeo, so that all was a waste of effort...

But, I now have access to Netflix US and BBC iPlayer and Prime US - oh my god. I don't know where to start, it's all too much.

TheGreenSheep

Agree! It was the light froufrou I needed. Even my DS14 secretly enjoyed it, he is looking forward to seeing more. So it ticked a few boxes.

TheGreenSheep

I went to all the effort of getting a VPN and setting up an account on HBO, just to watch the West Wing Special, which someone has already posted on Vimeo, so that all was a waste of effort...

But, I now have access to Netflix US and BBC iPlayer and Prime US - oh my god. I don't know where to start, it's all too much.

Um we have paid for Netflix and Disney, I have Stan and Binge for free from Telstra. We now have a VPN, so DS watches stuff overseas as well. I get overwhelmed and just watch crap. I need to start looking at the other stuff cause I can!

I have just finished all 5 seasons on The Bureau on SBS and now onto Spiral. Also SBS.

Both brilliant.

Thanks, The Bureau looks great.

It was unimaginable :(

Has anybody else watched Flowers on Netflix? It's a British black comedy/drama I guess, certainly not for everyone. We watched it a few months ago and it was so odd but I really enjoyed it. The final episode left me heartbroken.

Advertisement