What are you streaming? The Netflix and more thread.

Scootaloo

Awards

riotproof wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:14 am Oh hooray, I did it.
Thank you! I did find a different article that had the outline of what happened between Kate and Tully from the book, but the show has not strictly followed the book so I guess we wait and find out. Will be ages though, if season 2 is not even approved yet 😖
FiveAus

Awards

You guys will probably know what this is, I saw a preview and wanted to watch it, now I can't remember what it's called.

Two women, both are recently widowed and they bond in grief counselling and become friends. I think one of them is searching for her husbands killer. Name of the series?
Seayork2002

Awards

Team Member

FiveAus wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:29 am You guys will probably know what this is, I saw a preview and wanted to watch it, now I can't remember what it's called.

Two women, both are recently widowed and they bond in grief counselling and become friends. I think one of them is searching for her husbands killer. Name of the series?
Dead to me?
🇦🇺 🇬🇷 🇮🇪 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
riotproof

Awards

Scootaloo wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:26 am
riotproof wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:14 am Oh hooray, I did it.
Thank you! I did find a different article that had the outline of what happened between Kate and Tully from the book, but the show has not strictly followed the book so I guess we wait and find out. Will be ages though, if season 2 is not even approved yet 😖
Even though critics aren’t liking it, people are watching it. 650 tweets about it in the last hour.
A thanks means a hug, I’m so sorry, I hear you, totally agree.. depending on the context.
FiveAus

Awards

Seayork2002 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:32 am
FiveAus wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:29 am You guys will probably know what this is, I saw a preview and wanted to watch it, now I can't remember what it's called.

Dead to me?
That's it! Thanks. I kept thinking Afterlife but I know it's not that, I've seen that.
LunaFreya

Awards

Bathtubs over Broadway is a blast. It’s about industrial musicals, hits like Diesel Dazzle, The Sound of Selling and The Bathrooms are coming
Scootaloo

Awards

Scootaloo wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:27 pm
riotproof wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:35 pm @Scootaloo season 2 of Servant has started on Apple.
I think this is one you watched as well? I’m excited but apprehensive.
It is so good at creeping out. Never before have I had to rewind so many times “did I really just see??”
Yes! Although I don’t think I finished the first season 🤔 I must go back and see so I can get on to season 2.
I’ve started re-watching again and I think I remember why I never finished it. It is all so dark! Why don’t they ever turn on any lights? I can’t watch much at once as it gives a bit of a head ache from eye squinting so much 🥴
riotproof

Awards

It is dark. That’s kind of part of it, I guess.
I only watch it on an enormous tv which really helps.

I also prefer to watch during the day. Because it freaks me out. The last episode was heart in throat for the full 30 minutes. I have to know what happened.
A thanks means a hug, I’m so sorry, I hear you, totally agree.. depending on the context.
Scootaloo

Awards

riotproof wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:41 pm It is dark. That’s kind of part of it, I guess.

I also prefer to watch during the day. Because it freaks me out. The last episode was heart in throat for the full 30 minutes. I have to know what happened.
Well, I just have to keep going now!
riotproof

Awards

Did you stop in season 1? Season 2 has been really bizarre.
Scootaloo

Awards

Yes, I realised I only ever got up to part way through ep 4. So I am way behind. The storyline has got me sucked in though. It’s very weird LOL
Seayork2002

Awards

Team Member

We finished The Drowning, we both thought it was good but more holes than a colendar
🇦🇺 🇬🇷 🇮🇪 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
Dusty

Awards

Thanks for the review @Seayork2002 on The Drowning, more holes in a colander is a pet peeve of mine. So I shall not indulge.

A few years back we saw the movie Godzilla at the cinemas (yep paid good money for that) and that had even more holes in it than a crocheted bikini.
charli73

Awards

Silverstreak wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:52 am I'm cheating on Virgin River with Orange is the New Black, started watching it yesterday on a whim, now up to episode four. It is hilarious!
OITNB was my first ever binge watch on Netflix, absolutely loved it. Such great stories about the characters... I was sad to get to the last season..
riotproof wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:58 am Oh, I meant say that I was further into Schitt's creek than I thought and have finished it. Such a lovely last episode, and all the episodes actually. I think I'm going to buy the dvd box set and I literally cannot remember the last time I thought that about a tv show.
I felt like Schitts creek got into the characters lives a lot like they did in OITNB and I just loved that show... Tears, laughter I’m a fan 💖
JustCurious100

Awards

I've been watching It's a Sin and my heart is broken.
riotproof

Awards

I’m watching the crown and feeling really sorry for Charles, Diana and Camilla.
FiveAus

Awards

riotproof wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:29 am I’m watching the crown and feeling really sorry for Charles, Diana and Camilla.
I finished it on the weekend. Loved it but yes, what a sad story theirs was. Why he wasn't allowed to marry Camilla in the first place is just beyond my comprehension. Especially as he ended up marrying her anyway, when both of them are divorcees.
Scootaloo

Awards

riotproof wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:41 pm It is dark. That’s kind of part of it, I guess.

So, I have caught up and didn’t realise it was still at the one ep a week stage - bummer!

I have a theory about what happened to Jericho, but I think they are painting a relatively clear picture so I am no super detective there.
riotproof

Awards

Now you can head over to Reddit. People have done wild theories, especially about who Leanne really is she the mural in her room.
Scootaloo

Awards

riotproof wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:57 pm Now you can head over to Reddit. People have done wild theories, especially about who Leanne really is she the mural in her room.
Toodles off to dive down a rabbit hole ........
Chchgirl

Awards

I'm going to persevere with Bridgerton as I'm told it gets better..
riotproof

Awards

It does. But I think it’s episode 5ish.
Hills Mum Bec

Awards

I have started watching Bloodline, 3 episodes in and I’m intrigued but it is a slow burn.
Dusty

Awards

We watched ep 1 S2 Servant last night.

Omg Dorethy needs serious help and Sean too for that matter, the last scene in the bath was so sad.

The casting is perfect, loving Grint as Julian, I can feel his frustration and I’m enjoying his new age gf too, some nice light relief with her herbal remedies she makes Julian do, very amusing.

Disclaimer: not into Harry Potter so I’m not swayed by a magic wand or game of quidditch - I had to google how to spell quidditch 😎
FiveAus

Awards

Homeland season 8 has just dropped on Netflix, that will do me nicely.