• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LemonMyrtle

• Chillipeppers

• VeritasVinumArte

• Julie3Girls

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched it today and am interested in what it is and where it’s going. Not a bad Elizabeth Montgomery impersonation in episode 2.

And nice to see one of the Scooby gang :)

VeritasVinumArte

Not really getting us either. I didn’t mind the old style TV references though. My kids don’t believe that I watched B&W TV shows in the late 70s/early 80s.

I'm intrigued. I'm interested to see where they take it.

I'm not a big a Marvel fan to start with, so I'm coming at it from a "sitcom with a twist" fan perspective.

Saw the opening screen with the stars on it for the second episode and went "Bewitched!"

I enjoyed it and am intrigued to see where it goes. The first episode was not overly familiar for me but the second episode reminded me of old Bewitched reruns. I also got a Pleasantville vibe but that was mainly from the costumes and the black and white with hints of colour.

I'm assuming that it will follow the same trend for the next few episodes with a decade per episode so the next episode will be Wanda pregnant and maybe giving birth in the 70's with a Brady Bunch style and then with a baby in the 80's which would be Family Ties or Growing Pains maybe.

I am a fan of the Marvel movies but not the comics so I missed any comics references. I did always like the characters of Wanda and Vision but they were always in the background to the other bigger characters so its good to get a chance to see them properly. The actors have done a great job so far and seem to be really embracing the different styles and changing characters.

We just watched all 4 first episodes on Saturday, and I’m glad we waited to start. End of episode 3 and episode 4 and the first episodes are starting to make sense. Enjoying trying to guess what is happening.

We watched two episodes, the second one begrudgingly, and gave up. It’s awful. Just so boring and pointless.

Maybe if you liked old sitcoms, you would like the nostalgia mixed with a bit of mystery? But I hate sitcoms, and I especially hate the old sexist 60s one.

I might watch the last episode just for curiosity sake, to see if it gets better..... or maybe not.

I wanted to skip to episode 4, DH says “we can’t do that, we have to watch 3”

So now I’m sitting through episode 3 and it’s just as bad as the last two. Should have skipped it.

Chillipeppers

I wanted to skip to episode 4, DH says “we can’t do that, we have to watch 3”

So now I’m sitting through episode 3 and it’s just as bad as the last two. Should have skipped it.

Haha I would have skipped.

And what’s with the 6 and a half minutes of credits??

I noticed that too. Seems a bit like overkill to me.

Matches the feel of the whole show really. And, at the risk of getting flamed, the whole thing has the feel of a Marvel writer’s circle-jerk.

(I do like the intrigue, but the 20 minutes of lame sitcom to get there is unnecessary. And I don’t think I’ll be surprised by the ending)

Definitely wasn’t fussed by the first couple of episodes but very glad I hung in there - episode 4 was great!

I watched all the credits as was expecting some extra content at the end (like they sometimes do for movies). Nope! Seems ridiculous for a 20 minute show.

• 2 weeks later...

The first two episodes dragged but I persisted in case there were some clues I might miss and in the hope it would get better. I have to say I don't get what the fuss is about this show, it is so boring!

Oh good, now I am singing the theme song to Wanda and the Alien.... this happens every time I so much as think of Wanda Vision.

It is a weird show but I am glad I have stuck it out now that it is all starting to make sense. Also glad I am watching it with a Marvel nerd. He fills a lot of gaps and makes connections that i just don’t.

Advertisement