IGNORED

Disney plus...

riotproof

I didn’t realise a lot of the cartoons from the 80s I liked were Disney.

Dd has discovered old school Donald Duck and Pluto etc and they are nice because they’re short. Also Gummy bears was one of my favourites, she really likes that one.

Ds has been saving all kinds of movies plus the wizards of waverly place.

We did stumble upon this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Brave_Little_Toaster_to_the_Rescue which puts him in fits of giggles every time he thinks about the title. So, I don’t know, we may have to suffer through 10 minutes of that to discover if it’s as bad as we think it is.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riotproof

• Ker

• VeritasVinumArte

• Lurker

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm more of a fatcat than I realise but I don't see the issue with having all the streaming services? I wouldn't pay for Binge because fuck Rupert Murdoch, but otherwise, what's the harm? Cheaper to stay in and watch TV than to go out.

Yeah if they were priced like cable they would defs seem excessive, and I'd have to pick one, but they seem so cheap! Idk, maybe it's one of those things like a gym membership that just feel to some people like the cost of normal life, and to some like an excessive indulgence. After so long without the gym due to Covid it seems nuts to start paying $100 a month again, but I didn't used to blink at it.

I guess it adds up if you have them all? We can never ever have the cheapest plan possible, Dh is always insisting on the premium.

I think it’s Netflix that you pay per device connected? Maybe others too.

• 2 weeks later...
VeritasVinumArte

Ooof Disney+ is getting Fox stuff under Star. Current pricing for Disney is $8.99 but will go to $11.99. Existing Disney subscribers get 6m at old price though.

This link has a list of what is at launch on the 23rd. Very happy as I have been rewatching Buffy on Stan and this will give me Angel.

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2021/02/every-title-coming-to-star-on-disney-in-australia-at-launch/

• 2 weeks later...

Desperate Housewives is on one of the FTA catch ups. Maybe Nine?

But that has ads - no ads on Disney plus.

Plus, assuming it’s 7... their app is pretty shoddy.

Desperate Housewives is on one of the FTA catch ups. Maybe Nine?

But that has ads - no ads on Disney plus.

Plus, assuming it’s 7... their app is pretty shoddy.

I just checked. Its 9Now.

• 1 month later...
humblebumble

We've put it on for the holidays & surprised I'm finding things to watch, not sure if they're on the other platforms though but I doubt we'll keep it, just on and off for when the kids are home more, but they're all olderish!

Advertisement