IGNORED

Disney plus...

riotproof

People who have Disney plus, is there much new content for little kids?

Dd is adamant about it, but we have a LOT of Disney movies on DVD. I’m unsure what extra she’d get out of it. Ds is almost 11 and he did like the wizards of Waverley place before it got pulled from our streaming.

TIA.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riotproof

• Ker

• VeritasVinumArte

• Lurker

Top Posters In This Topic

Lizzybirdsworth

My kids 6 and 9 love it. There are a lot of Disney shows on it that used to be on the Disney channel (Mickey mouse club house, doc mcstuffins, pj masks etc) plus lots of others. There is marvel, Star Wars, nature documentaries. We liked the elephant one which I only realised recently was voiced by Meghan markle.

I started watching ever after just before bed. I think it’s worth it. You do get a month free so can always sign up, look and don’t renew if it’s not for you :)

Miss2 has discovered Winnie-the-Pooh and is OBSESSED so that’s interesting.

They are at least lovely gentle stories!

Meanwhile Miss6 is working her way through all the weird straight-to-video sequels of the classic movies (did you know there was a Little Mermaid 2?!?), and has found the series Vamprina which... hmmm.

Miss2 has discovered Winnie-the-Pooh and is OBSESSED so that’s interesting.

They are at least lovely gentle stories!

Meanwhile Miss6 is working her way through all the weird straight-to-video sequels of the classic movies (did you know there was a Little Mermaid 2?!?), and has found the series Vamprina which... hmmm.

Curse you! I'll have the Vampirina theme in my head all night now.

It has more stuff for small kids than Stan does. Plus there's new stuff ( Soul was supposed to show at the movies but Disney has put it on Plus).

We have gone this way and ditched the dvd player after a disc borrowed from the library caused real issues.

Oh and The Mandolorian. It's so good and your 11 year old would really enjoy it. It's bloodless Star Wars fights

VeritasVinumArte

We love Disney+. My kids are 11/13/15. Miss 11 watches many kids shows for nostalgia.

Also has a great catalogue of old movies- I showed my kids The Swiss Family Robinson to explain how Tarzan’s Treehouse at Disney (we were there January 2020) really was. They recognised the dance music.

Soul is a great film.

There are AMAZING documentaries about Disney too. My kids really enjoy those too.

PIXAR in real life and all the PIXAR shorts. Marvel. Lego Star Wars, Star Wars.

The Maldalorian is great too. My nephews 4/7/9 adore it as well.

We have it, but I'm kind of over it. My 2yo likes mickey's roadster racers and mickey mouse clubhouse. I like the movies and DH likes the star wars stuff. We have Netflix as well and I'd quite happily get rid of one of them...

We are also not loving their customer service atm. Got given a voucher but already had a year paid for. Cant fer a refund and cant use the gift. Not impressed. Can only cancel from end of payment period (early December!), then use the gift... gah!

My kids 7/12/13 and I love it. It's similar to other streaming services where you can have several log-ins/devices so we split the cost with someone else.

Thanks for the replies!

I think I might get the trial to see what’s what.

Problem is I like Stan and Netflix equally atm, not sure I want to get rid of either

Thanks for the replies!

Problem is I like Stan and Netflix equally atm, not sure I want to get rid of either

We have Stan, Netflix, Prime and Disney + and kayo

All get used quite regularly. We only have the one device (on those you can pick) and two TVs but have never had a problem

Hills Mum Bec

Thanks for the replies!

We have them all - Stan, Netflix, Prime, Disney. They all have different stuff on them and everyone in the house has their preferences. I'm not really into kid's shows/movies, superheroes or Star Wars so I rarely watch Disney but DD9 loves Good Luck Charlie and DD16 is working her way through Once Upon A Time. DS19 & DH love all the Marvel & Star Wars stuff.

^^ I know, but there does have to be a line somewhere, doesn’t there?

We have Apple too but that’s included in Apple one thing for music, iCloud data etc.

Hills Mum Bec

^^ I know, but there does have to be a line somewhere, doesn’t there?

We have Apple too but that’s included in Apple one thing for music, iCloud data etc.

The way I look at it is that I can get all of the streaming platforms for less than I used to pay for Foxtel when Foxtel was the only option. It's nice to have choice.

TheGreenSheep

Hmm, we have it, Ds14 loves it. Offers me nothing as we watch more series on Netflix, Stan and Binge - I have Stan and Binge for free at the moment, so I get annoyed paying for Disney+ and not watching it. I'm considering cancelling after school holidays ends.

We get it for the holidays. I figure it’s cheaper and less stressful than a trip to the cinema atm. The 8yr old loves it for all the Star Wars, Avengers etc.

The 2yr old just wants Bluey on iview.

We only watch the mandalorian and the occasional movie. If you already have the movies, then not sure what else you might get from it. I think there is a lot of series for older kids though, my kids are 5 and 6.

I just found Boy meets world is on there, which ds will love. And wizards of Waverley place, which I think was on Stan before Disney started their service.

So, that’s something. It might not be a long term thing though.

They watched 5 minutes of the 1978 “classic” Cat from outer space, so I’m guessing a lot of them are films no one really cares about.

We put Disney on for a month or two before halting it. I don't want it permanently (we have Netflix, Stan and Prime) but occasionally the kids want to see something (ie: Hamilton or Mandalorian) so we get it so the kids watch it, then we disconnect again).

I don't like Disney + account stuff much. Its impossible to cancel through the app. Its a whole lot of rigmarole. Stan and Netflix is far easier.

I love my Disney +.

I signed up in the first lockdown thinking that I might need it for grandchildren if I had to look after them. I got hooked and they didn't.

I also have Foxtel, Netflix, Stan, Prime and Binge........My name is STBG and I have a streaming addiction. :/

Advertisement