IGNORED

Chess the Musical - limited performances Melbourne Perth Adeliade Brisbane

VeritasVinumArte

VeritasVinumArte

https://www.chessmusical.info/

I know this musical doesn’t get the play of others but OMG I ADORE it.

I have even purchased “Chess in Concert” at the Albert Hall (had Idina Menzel & Josh Groban) on iTunes and AppleTV. For years I had listened to the Albums (both West End and Broadway) and finally got to see a small production in 2012 in Melbourne (10 night limited).....so am once again overjoyed to be able to see it again.

April should hopefully be a great month for me for Musicals..... I have tickets to Hamilton (in Sydney) and now Tickets to Chess in Melbourne.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VeritasVinumArte

• Catzilla

• Darryl

Top Posters In This Topic

VeritasVinumArte

Yes it is the One night in Bangkok musical.

One Night in Bangkok was sung by Murray Head..... whose brother Anthony Stewart Head was Giles in Buffy the Vampire Slayer series.

Murray played in the original London Cast Freddie Trumper in 1986 and Anthony played Freddie as the closing cast in 1989.

I may just have to get a ticket for this on the Saturday night it's in Adelaide (if I can save enough money in time). We're also going to see Frozen when we're in Sydney in the April school holidays. It's so good to be able to go to the theatre again.

VeritasVinumArte

We don’t usually do a huge amount of Theatre (as the costs are astronomical).

Hamilton is just DH and I plus middle child who adores Hamilton too. When your 13yo son is watching YouTube about the brilliance of a musical you know he is interested. He also purchased the book about the musical. My other 2 I am not wasting the money on. We all went to see Star Wars with live Orchestra, but once again oldest and youngest were not great but middle child adored. Admittedly he is the one who has continued with Violin (actually happily practices without being told to) and is doing 4th Grade exams mid year.

Chess is just DH and I.

Totally agree with that. Tickets are insanely expensive for 2 or 3 hours of entertainment. The last time I went to the theatre was back in January 2019 to see the first preview performance of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in Sydney when we were there for our yearly holiday. I haven't been able to afford to see anything since - although I had been planning to go and see Six when it came to Adelaide, which was then scuppered when COVID hit. DD saw Wizard of Oz with me in 2018, and I had wanted to take her to see School of Rock, and Billy Elliot when they were meant to be in Adelaide, but in the end it was too cost prohibitive.

Advertisement