IGNORED

(Spin off) Do you watch free tv/streaming or both?

Seayork2002

Mostly streaming paid d+ and prime right now with some FTA catch ups. We used to have a DVR recorder bought in 2006 as FTA programming time frames weren’t always appropriate. So we’ve been digital viewers for a long time.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FiveAus

• Mooguru

• ClaudiaCosette

• Kiwi Bicycle

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite part of FTA is watching House Hunters and if I watch at 6pm-ish I get ads for retirement villages and if I watch the late night repeat I get sex toy ads.

I just like the assumptions they make about who watches the show :lol:

We mostly watch a mix of ABC, SBS, and Foxtel. I am a bit of a fan of the History Channel and some of the Lifestyle shows on Foxtel. I watch one guilty pleasure show on commercial FTA and I will never divulge what it is. We watch a bit of Netflix when at our beach house because after all these years we still haven't hooked up the FTA aerial to the tv. It's probably nothing more than plugging a cable into a socket. SBS and ABC get a good run there too but not so much Foxtel as I refuse to pay for a second location for the limited time we would use it, especially as Foxtel usually gives members extra access for free a couple of months of the year anyway. I seem to be paying for the Stan account someone else in the family is using too.

We are not actually very big tv watchers. We have one small tv in the family room and no others in the house. Occasionally I might watch something on my ipad in bed, but not often. We do have a very large tv at the beach house but that is mostly for our youngest to use to access for multiple applications from his wheelchair and to incite the rest of our offspring to complain that they never had anything so luxurious when they were his age.

My mother only has FTA. She has no internet and at 93 would be confused if there were too many channels to select from, or a complicated remote.

FTA is mostly only used for the Aus Open tennis, some cricket, and whatever the channel is with House Hunters. Nothing I love more that looking at other people's houses while buyers complain that bedrooms the size of my house are a bit small.

I stream series, and movies. I watch stuff on youtube. I have Stan and Netflix and Amazon Prime (which I only got for The Stand) and am about to cancel. Oh and Tubi (it's free) which is full of weird and really bad movies that make Attack of the Killer Tomatoes look like oscar worthy cinema.

Off to find out how to kill Prime right now.

FTA is mostly only used for the Aus Open tennis, some cricket, and whatever the channel is with House Hunters. Nothing I love more that looking at other people's houses while buyers complain that bedrooms the size of my house are a bit small.

I was on a flight once and killed time watching some episodes of a reality TV series about people coming from the UK to Australia to compare the lifestyle.

They would compare houses, jobs, cost of living, schools, weather etc.

And they invariably complained that the bedrooms were too small.

Houses in the UK have bedrooms the size of a walk in wardrobe. Big enough to house a bed and that's it.

And yet they'd walk into these spacious bedrooms in near new Australian homes and complain they were too small.

I only watch streaming services. Free to air makes me want to die. I do watch some free to air shows on their streaming services. I honestly don't know how people cope with the hideousness of advertising.

Advertisement