Top Posters In This Topic

• Seayork2002

• LunaFreya

• Jenflea

• lazycritter

Top Posters In This Topic

ArabellaKagical

Covid on TV

Neighbours - hand sanitiser and signs everywhere but then character flies to Germany for his dying dog, no trouble flying out and no quarantine coming back

The Resident - major covid drama first show back, second show - all okay everyone is now vaccinated

Good Doctor - major covid dram first show back (similar plotlines to The Resident), second show - all okay we are now at a point where covid is in the past

That things that take time ( eg. CSI tests) are done instantaneous and crimes are solved in 2 days.

Yes these and also

detective 1: but I don't think they did it, the witness said it was a grey coat but there are 50 grey coats people are wearing

boss: I don't care the suspect looks shifty and was wearing a grey coat so charge him, we need the crime arrest rate

Covid on TV

Neighbours - hand sanitiser and signs everywhere but then character flies to Germany for his dying dog, no trouble flying out and no quarantine coming back

The Resident - major covid drama first show back, second show - all okay everyone is now vaccinated

Good Doctor - major covid dram first show back (similar plotlines to The Resident), second show - all okay we are now at a point where covid is in the past

I have read one book that mentions covid but not seen it on drama shows yet

That things that take time ( eg. CSI tests) are done instantaneous and crimes are solved in 2 days.

And the centrifuge spits out the DNA results identifying the criminal :thinking:

Chocolate Addict

Most actors can't fake drinking from an empty cup!

Yep, I mean how hard would it be for them to put some water or juice etc in to a cup?

Lawyers that only have to open a file, look at it for a few seconds and know what it is about and what they need to do next.

Big bosses that have no filing cabinets or any sign of actual work on their desks but are always super busy on their computer. lol

Just thought of another one - when female characters are chilling out at home but wearing stiletto heels, really? doesn't everyone take their shoes off when they get home? or at least change in to flats? lol

Yep, I mean how hard would it be for them to put some water or juice etc in to a cup?

Lawyers that only have to open a file, look at it for a few seconds and know what it is about and what they need to do next.

Big bosses that have no filing cabinets or any sign of actual work on their desks but are always super busy on their computer. lol

Just thought of another one - when female characters are chilling out at home but wearing stiletto heels, really? doesn't everyone take their shoes off when they get home? or at least change in to flats? lol

And their bra 😎

There's always a stereotype. Every show, every movie.

The gay guy who is loud and flamboyant

The nerd who just wants to be loved

The weird one who's a super smart genius who is the only one who can rescue everyone else

The tough guy who keeps getting into trouble and needs to rely on the weird one to rescue them.

Probably heaps more.

Also...

No one goes to the toilet

Nothing malfunctions

Kitchen is always stocked - can't believe they never have to rush down to Coles 20 minutes before closing time if they want to eat that night.

Guest Alias Grace

My DH flips out when he sees characters curl up with their shod feet on the couch or, worse still, the bed. He'll shout at the TV every time - "What are you doing!? That's disgusting! Take your shoes off!".

Mine is when a pregnant character spontaneously breaks their waters and is immediately whisked off to hospital to have their baby delivered. Until I had DD I had no idea that waters don't always spontaneously break!

No umbilical cord in births.

Gigantic 6 month old babies just birthed.

CPR- I mean I know you can't do it properly on a well person, but at least try and make it look realistic, as people may try to replicate this in a real life event!

Children.

Characters have babies and you never see them. Who’s looking after the children!!

and children of people who have jobs where they work on call/all hours they get a phone call where they are alone in the house and 5 mins later they are at work at 11pm or something and their child is a toddler

of their friends needs them and they rush out to be with them sure nice friend but how did you get a babysitter so easily (not the partner)

Every time a female character looks at a calendar the story is that she had no idea but yes! Pregnant. When I was going through fertility treatments I found this particularly infuriating!

Every time a female character looks at a calendar the story is that she had no idea but yes! Pregnant. When I was going through fertility treatments I found this particularly infuriating!

I am genuinely asking, what do you mean?

VeritasVinumArte

Tee hee. I was told that when my waters broke to expect a gush like on TV

I was told they never break like on TV at the ante natal class the day before my waters DID break like on TV..... a big splat and water everywhere on the floor.

We lived 30mins or so away from the hospital so for the 8 months or so I had visions of a big dramatic water breaking scene with dh having to drive me and mum to hospital or calling an ambulance type thing

at 9 and half months DH and I calmly went to the pub for lunch then went home to collect mum and went to the hospital for the induction, that was weirder lol!

Surgeons who are performing cardiac surgery one day and delivering a baby via c/s the next.

People never have messy houses. Well they may in one episode only but by next week whatever issue they had (eg pnd) has been fully resolved and their house is back to being perfect.

Mums who cook amazing breakfasts that noone ever eats.

They always have perfect hair and makeup.

Affording large appartments in premium locations New York or other expensive city on a waitress / police / teacher / whatever low salary.

Dinosaurs without feathers. Ye’s, Jurassic Park was brilliant and groundbreaking in its day, but our knowledge of dinosaurs has come a very long way since the mid 1990s, so upgrade your designs you slackarses.

Not all dinosaurs had feathers. Most theropods did by the cretacious but Triassic dinosaurs definitely did not. For example stegosaurus. Also Most Pterosaurs although they flew also did not have feathers.

Advertisement