IGNORED

Handmaids Tale Season 4

Kiwi Bicycle

A new trailer dropped today. You can find it on the offical FB page.

New season drops April 24th.

Looks like June is now a freedom fighter/ terrorist role, supported by possibly Canadian miltiary.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kiwi Bicycle

• Wolf87

• ContentedFleur

• Pooks

Top Posters In This Topic

******SEASON 3 SPOILER ALERT*******

I think I need a season 3 recap, it's been so long.

Season 3 she was in a new commander’s house (Commander Lawrence, played by Brad Whitford!) and she orchestrated the escape of a bunch of kids via plane to Canada. Final episode ended with her shot and getting carried by the other handmaids.

Moira, Emily, Rita and baby Nicole/Holly and others have all escaped to Canada. Serena and Fred Waterford are under arrest in Canada.

Can't wait, but a little bit glad it wasn't on 2020, we had enough going on irl. Feeling I might need to binge watch the earlier seasons again.

Yes to both of these things. 2020 was shit enough, and I am definitely going to need a rewatch or I’ll be lost. I didn’t enjoy season 3 as much as the other 2.

• 2 weeks later...
ContentedFleur

I saw the trailer today, I'm so excited! Yippee!

Things I am really hoping get included:

-moving away from June's perspective a bit

-moving away from Boston (I think that's confirmed, wasn't that a shot of Chicago in the trailer?)

-moving away from June's glaring at the camera

-Aunt Lydia going to the colonies as a punishment for her. I don't imagine that she'd lose Aunt status, but I also don't imagine that the competition for Aunt placement in the colonies is all that intense

-people who are trying to remain hidden actually think "maybe I shouldn't be dressed in bright red and white clothing"

-more international reactions!

-what happened to the Mexico deal? I've been wondering this since season 1!

-More Emily and her wife & child! More on the Canadian front! More Martha perspectives!

-an internal upheaval as well as external military pressure. The book mentioned that there were internal purges, it's about time we saw one.

i'm sure I'll think of more.

• 2 weeks later...
humblebumble

I'm gearing up to do a rewatch in readiness! Had a lot going on in our personal life so not sure I'm ready :P. I can't wait though!

I'm gearing up to do a rewatch in readiness! Had a lot going on in our personal life so not sure I'm ready :P. I can't wait though!

Good luck! I’m nearly finished season 1, and some parts have me thinking ‘Why am I doing this to myself again’ 🤣

IamtheMumma

I don't remember watching Season 3. Not sure how that happened. I probably wanted to binge it and then forgot too. Easter weekend plans now made. Bit of a change thanks to covid.

ContentedFleur

I came here to post about the new trailer, but you beat me to it, [mention]Kiwi Bicycle[/mention] ! :D I've been going through it frame by frame, it's exciting!

-I spotted Emily, looking at a wall of what looks like either memorial posters or missing person posters.

-Is Serena pregnant?!? How?!

-I had to look up IMDB to check that the child in the pink dress is Hannah. It is. And there's June in civvies, outside her cell. INTERESTING!

-"everyone who helps her ends up on the wall". True. Glad to see some consequences coming back at Our Heroine

-that said, I really hope we don't have too many graphic torture scenes. eesh.

- How old is that Wife? She looks about thirteen!

-a group of Marthas kicking the shit out of somebody. Who? (ooh, wouldn't it be ace if it were Aunt Lydia.)

-June and Nick meeting on a really quite pretty bridge, then Nick and Commander Lawrence having a fireside chat. If I were either man, I'd want to be really really sure my house wasn't bugged at this point.

-"Free the Waterfords"? "Bless You Serena"? Eeek

-more to come when I can watch with slightly louder sound...

That trailer is awesome!!!! So excited!

Currently on Season 2 at the bit we’re she is hiding out at the Econowives house, I know what happens and I’m still screaming at the TV - ‘GET AWAY FROM THE FUCKING WINDOW JUNE!!!!’

Advertisement