IGNORED

What's the best live performance you've ever seen?

Darryl

Ineedcoffee

I saw Prince in 2012 in Brisbane on his welcome 2 Australia tour. It was a good concert but I didn’t think it was “him”. It turned out that he had the flu and he announced a second concert the following week. So I booked again and witnessed the most amazing show. He did eight encores and by the end was walking through the crowd high fiving everyone. The two concerts were chalk and cheese. From just sitting and playing the piano for a lot of the first concert to dancing on the piano and going crazy the second. So glad I went back and saw the real “Prince”.

Bon Jovi put on great concerts. Never disappointed. As do Queen.

I saw GnR when Slash decided to come back and join the band a few years ago and whilst every note was perfect, there was almost zero interaction with the crowd and the only time they smiled was when it was over. Strangest thing to witness. I stayed seated the whole time which is so unlike me.

Oh and The Lion King is the best theatre show I’ve ever seen in my life. Nothing else even comes close.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zeppelina

• Bad Cat

• MintyBiscuit

• RynandStompy

Top Posters In This Topic

squeekums-the-elf

Soundgarden 2012 at BDO. Chris Cornell was just amazing

Also have loved Prodigy, Carl Cox, rammstein, system of a down, h-bomb, Rob zombie, pendulum, fozzy, placebo, korn, living end, green day, Mr S

So many DJs round Adelaide

hell I can't think of one music act/set/show I didn't like

I even liked hill top hoods, I saw them go from a small stage at BDO to headling it. Their best show was that very first one

Controversial one but Manson.

Love live WWE it's such a show, they do it so well to sell the drama, angst, joy, fear. Before Rona so interactive with crowd, especially the kids

Suzie Quatro - OMG Suzie is a freaking legend. I wanted to BE her.

Me, too! I am busy introducing her and Blondie to this generation of teens.

Nowadays, I also want to be Mrs Maisel.

ETA there are some Suzie Q songs that I really hate, because they portray women as pretty pathetically longing after men. So different to her other songs.

Stuffed Olive

Bruce Springsteen at Wembley in the mid 80s was an unforgettable experience. Born in the USA tour.

Meat Loaf at the Hammersmith Odeon around the same time. Was given a ride there and back on a Harley!

Billy Joel at Kooyong

The Australian opera doing Gilbert and Sullivan (and other performances!)

Advertisement