As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to ALL of our forums. ×
IGNORED

Wife Swap Australia

TheMagician

I hate Penina.

Can't quite put my finger on it but there was something about her attitude that got on my nerves. She came across as a bit sanctimonious even if she might not have meant to.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riotproof

• TheMagician

• BECZ

• Dusty

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Penina.

Can't quite put my finger on it but there was something about her attitude that got on my nerves. She came across as a bit sanctimonious even if she might not have meant to.

She was. Her friends were. And it wasn’t even the food. Except the sandwiches, no matter what anyone says that squicks me out.

I would love to be full time SAHM, and plan to in a few years, but I can tell you I won't be serving my family frozen dinners when I do!! What does Penina do with her time if she preps and cooks a whole month in advance and the kids do heaps of cleaning?!

This is what we were questioning.

They all help get the cooking done for the month, so from what I can see, it’s a 15 minute reheat, while cooking some rice pasta each night, the kids and hubby do a lot of the cleaning each day (Dishwasher, sweeping, mopping), along with a bigger clean on the weekend (saw hubby cleaning the showers).... there can’t be that much other cleaning for her to do each day.....

Yet.... Both houses seemed to be in the same state cleanliness wise! Oh pardon me, one was much less ‘organised’!

Doesn’t Mrs Sandwich have a vblog or whatever it’s called, I guess she spends her free time making videos of herself using her label maker 🤷‍♀️

Have been watching this with a couple of our kids, makes them feel pretty happy with living in our more middle of the road family.

Edited by MB530

Hmm - she got her meals down to $1.02 in 2017 - four years ago!

I'm very skeptical.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/how-to-feed-you-family-dinner-for-one-dollar-a-serve/7c2166e1-25c3-4d73-9cb7-5c42fa8adcde

EDIT:

Snacks: "it might be three snacks for two kids over the five weeks." That's what she does.

How old are these kids???

In that link, it doesn’t look too bad, but on WifeSwap, there is very minimal fruit and veg.

Even in the meal that the other wife took out to reheat the first night at her house, there were a few pieces of carrot and beans in it, but not much more, that I could see.

I remember seeing one bag of frozen veg in her $50 shop, and at $250 a month, there is a little spare cash, but less than $10 a week if you factor in the extra 2-3 days per month.

Where is the fresh produce???

The selfie parents were portrayed as being rather superficial and selfish but I think after watching it they are possibly relying on full time day care for mental health support. The dad clearly struggles with a messy house and it might be what they need to do to get by.

I have a work colleague who uses full time day care when she is at home on annual leave for her toddler as she readily admits it is too overwhelming for her to look after her son for a full week. Full credit to her for being so aware of her limitations and getting support.

My grandmother suffered from shocking mental health and I wonder how much better her life and my mother's would have been if childcare had of been readily available in the 1950s.

I couldn't bring myself to finish episode three due to the extremely judgmental anti-tech family. They didn't make the visiting wife feel at home, even though she seemed to be honestly trying all the farmhand work to the best of her ability.

I watched that one last night. It actually got better, they all tried the technology, didn't hate it and even the mum at the end was willing to consider letting the kids use it! I felt more sorry for the kid on the other side that was forced to do 8 hours of dancing a week when she clearly did not enjoy it.

I can't find the last episode. Has it stopped in Melbourne?

It was on 73 or 72 due to the football being on channel 7. It is also up on the 7plus app. I think it was the last episode though, I haven't seen any more promos.

Ok, if you do a search, it’s not on the additional screen, but if you click on one of the other episodes, (l clicked on the first one. Andrews and something, but I presume any would work).

1-C5-C9415-C788-46-F6-8-D1-B-3-EFBDC2895-AA.jpg

...the option for the latest episode comes up.

026504-F6-0315-44-C2-8870-C68-D36530835.jpg

Yep, it’s wet and I’m bored and procrastinating!

• 2 weeks later...
StillFreddiesMum

So it's Easter holidays and we aren't going anywhere and I found WifeSwap on 7plus.

Our DDs and I just watched the episode with the Mum with quad boys (I think they were around 9 years old). Has anyone else watched that? She was called "lenient mum' vs Cassie (brunette) with 2 kids - "strict mum". Those quad boys horrified me. The amount of screen time they got - the swearing at Cassie - the Dad not pulling the boys up on their bad behaviour. I felt so sorry for Cassie. I also felt sorry for any teacher that have to deal with these boys

StillFreddiesMum

A 9 year old child saying "what the fuck" and "you are a bitch' to Cassie - that's just wrong.

I am more upset that the Dad didn't pull his boys up on their behaviour to Cassie. If you want to see where entitled male behaviour starts - it starts in this family.

• 1 month later...
Advertisement