As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

What film is too perfect to suffer a remake?

Ernegirl

They keep making remakes and they always flop, but then they persist anyway. Hollywood lost its way and when they try to in their mind "update" something they ALWAYS lose what made them good to start with. Same with American TV its just bad. The only way they can think of to make people watch it and think its good is to add sex scenes to hide the horrid plots, and they have such an overwhelming need for things to have multiple seasons instead of an ending, that they never get anywhere and then it gets cancelled on a cliffhanger. Give me Asian TV anyday, one season full story, they are starting to slip into multi seasons when Netflix is involved blergh. They are making a new Lord of the Rings series, or should I say stuffing up a new Lord of the Rings series by adding major sex scenes, lazy writing.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lucrezia Borgia

• VeritasVinumArte

• pelagic

• Bad Cat

Top Posters In This Topic

Sex scenes in Lord of the Rings? What the hell for. Are they between Legolas and Gimli or has Sam become Samantha?

I often despise modernising of stories.

I'm totally iffy about the entirety of the Star Wars saga after the original 3. But they weren't remakes so they don't count.

Muriel's Wedding - Rachel Griffiths and Toni Collette? Unbeatable.

Priscilla Queen of the desert.

Every single thing about it, the actors, the costumes the music. All perfect.

God I love that movie. I watch a guy on YouTube who does commentary on LGBT presentation in media over the years and he covers it, good watch.

Princess Peach

They keep making remakes and they always flop, but then they persist anyway. Hollywood lost its way and when they try to in their mind "update" something they ALWAYS lose what made them good to start with. Same with American TV its just bad. The only way they can think of to make people watch it and think its good is to add sex scenes to hide the horrid plots, and they have such an overwhelming need for things to have multiple seasons instead of an ending, that they never get anywhere and then it gets cancelled on a cliffhanger. Give me Asian TV anyday, one season full story, they are starting to slip into multi seasons when Netflix is involved blergh.

That has reminded me of 2 movies, both of which were remade, but not as good.

1 - death at a funeral, the UK one works so much better.

2 - shall we dance - the remake had Richard Gere, who was easy on the eye, but the original was a Japanese movie & it just seemed to work better.

Ghost.. don’t touch it..

No one should touch Patrick swayze. I’m still not over the Point Break remake

Me either. Lost nearly every element that made Point Break great. The only thing that remained was stunning images.

lazycritter

The Labyrinth. The Goblin King is iconic.

Yep. This was the first movie that came to my mind. A replacement for David Bowie? Not possible.

lazycritter

Ghost.. don’t touch it..

No one should touch Patrick swayze. I’m still not over the Point Break remake

Ghost. I cry everytime.

Point break on the other hand I found very boring. I don't understand the appeal.

Priscilla Queen of the desert.

Every single thing about it, the actors, the costumes the music. All perfect.

I agree, still one of my favourite movies ever..

I also agree with Terminator 2 Judgement day, was also a good movie, nothing should have been made after this!

• 4 weeks later...

Point break on the other hand I found very boring. I don't understand the appeal.

This, especially the first part, is one of my favourite action movie scenes, with one of my favourite lines, when Roach yells: 'Sex with the gods, you can't beat this.'

Point Break is kind of one amazing scene after another. The robberies. Surfing. War Child and his henchmen. The raid. The sky diving scenes. All those quotable lines. It's a great action flick.

Advertisement