IGNORED

Michael Gundinski memorial concert

Chocolate Addict

Chocolate Addict

Did anyone else watch?

I found it odd that it was only available to watch via youtube or the government website but it was such a great tribute to the man.

I am not a Jimmy Barns fan but he got to me with his words, and Ed Sheeran breaking down while singing the song he wrote for MG. oh my goodness, so sad.

I think MG would have loved it.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chocolate Addict

• MintyBiscuit

• Hills Mum Bec

• Romeo Void

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't but I was floored when I heard Ed Sheeran had come over especially for it. MG must have been a wonderful man. A lovely tonic to the toxic stuff we've been bombarded with lately.

Chocolate Addict

He actually headed over as soon as he heard MG had passed, before there was any talk of the event from what I heard. He was quarantining in NSW until Monday. His wife and daughter were with him.

MintyBiscuit

DH recorded it for me as I was out, I need to work myself up to it. His loss still has me quite emotional, the small grabs I’ve seen overnight have made me teary

I watched the lot and cried a lot of tears.

There were so many awesome moments, too many to name but Ed's song was amazing and it will be a hit.

The other stand out was

Hills Mum Bec

I didn't watch it but saw snippets on Sunrise this morning and on the radio. Amazing that Ed Sheeran was prepared to quarantine for 2 weeks just so that he could attend. I cried when I heard the song that Ed Sheeran wrote for MG, there was a line in there about wishing heaven had visiting hours. I think if I could wish for anything in the world this would be it. I'm getting teary just thinking about it.

MintyBiscuit

How do you record off youtube? I didn't know you could. lol

Not a clue, some sort of DH magic. The fact he works in IT comes in handy sometimes 😅

Chocolate Addict

I didn't watch it but saw snippets on Sunrise this morning and on the radio. Amazing that Ed Sheeran was prepared to quarantine for 2 weeks just so that he could attend. I cried when I heard the song that Ed Sheeran wrote for MG, there was a line in there about wishing heaven had visiting hours. I think if I could wish for anything in the world this would be it. I'm getting teary just thinking about it.

He didn't. He and his family jumped on a plane to be with Sue and the family as soon as he heard of MG's passing. He didn't know there would be a concert when he got on the plane.

They have been playing snippets on the radio and it gives me goose bumps.

Ed's performance

Advertisement