IGNORED

Is there a really good Easter explanation ?

riotproof

My kids loved the Passover episode from Rugrats. Thanks to [mention]cardamom[/mention] for telling me about it.

I'd like something not overly preachy, just the story. I try to explain it, but I find we get caught up in details and get drawn off point.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riotproof

• Alta Gaudia

• Not So Retro

• Jenflea

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a feeling that's quite secular, just dealing with a hunt.

The passover episode explains the why in a non preachy way.

I have always struggled with this. In my extended IL's family "watching Mose attempt to tell the Easter story for the kids" is as much a tradition as an egg hunt.

Hint:if you use duplo, the stone will not roll away.

There was an ok one on YouTube I saw. Not a tv episode just a simple Easter explanation for kids. It had both the religious and the pagan traditions (even explained what Pagan means) I can try and find it again if you like?

Guest BusbyWilkes

Isn’t it in a book called the Bible?!

Iirc your kids aren’t that little. If you want to explain because that’s your belief, or because you want to expose them to lots of different religious beliefs, then go to he source. A kids book of bible stories if straight from an easy-read version of the bible is beyond their years/level of comprehension.

There was an ok one on YouTube I saw. Not a tv episode just a simple Easter explanation for kids. It had both the religious and the pagan traditions (even explained what Pagan means) I can try and find it again if you like?

If you don’t mind that would be fabulous.

Arthur - an old kids cartoon does good episodes on religious holidays. The show doesn't focus on one religion but how a variety of celebrations occur for different cultures

https://mcusercontent.com/c47a7c91bd87639eb91aa2e0a/files/1ae6a58f-da07-40c7-9531-2363ef2996e4/8_Easter_story_Hardcover.pdf

We use this story because I think it’s pitched at a level appropriate for my kids. It is a really tough story for my kids and I’m very, very wary of a lot of the penal substitution messages that come along with a lot of the other material available.

Alta Gaudia

Given that DD's Easter artwork featured a rabbit at the foot of the cross, I suspect I have some work to do... not sure I therefore am in a place to recommend anything! :lol:

Kiwi Bicycle

Given that DD's Easter artwork featured a rabbit at the foot of the cross, I suspect I have some work to do... not sure I therefore am in a place to recommend anything! :lol:

My quite religious niece and nephew sent me a handmade card once with Easter eggs underneath a cross.

I’m very sorry. But, I hope you feel better that you made me laugh.

Alta Gaudia
I’m very sorry. But, I hope you feel better that you made me laugh.

Oh, I'm not too fazed. At least the rabbit wasn't on the cross. ;)

Not So Retro

[mention]Alta Gaudia[/mention], one of the readings today was from Isaiah and in my head I was singing this -

[mention]Not So Retro[/mention] ,I am going to be very cranky with you if I end up having Colin songs stuck in my head today! I though I was well past that stage of life!

BTN had someone on the ABC this morning saying they'd done an episode on Easter from a Christian and non Christian point of view, talking about the history of it(pagan) and hot cross buns etc.

It sounds like it might be good for your kids.

Seayork2002

The most religious orthodox person in my family taught me the Easter and Christmas messages inbetween Monty Python quotes so I may not be able to help too much

I think the BBC had some good resources on their sites someone mentioned to me a few years ago

Advertisement