IGNORED

What are you listening to?

WaitForMe

My musical tastes span all genres and I'm always looking for good stuff. Hoping to have an infinite topic for people to share what they love atm.

What are you listening to?

MintyBiscuit

Fiona Apple’s last album Fetch the Bolt Cutters is on regular rotation for me lately

I put on Origin of Symmetry by Muse the other day, forgot what a great album it is

The Black Parade by My Chemical Romance usually gets a spin once every week or two

Anything Nine Inch Nails is in regular rotation for me

I also went through and listened to the full Ball Park Music back catalogue a few weeks ago, I go ages between listens then listen obsessively for a while with them

Oh, and the Book of Mormon, Rocky Horror and Rent cast recordings get regular listens in our house

Been feeling a bit retro and picking up a few 70s and 80s tracks for my playlist.

Also discovering more Third Eye Blind. Loving their stuff.

• 1 month later...

Um "Contemporary Classical" at the moment. I'm in a weird phase at the moment where listening to people sing annoys me.

Recently I've been listening to

Undiscovered By Ludovico Einaudi (Seriously amazing composer/player)

Bylur by Eydis Evensen

Federico Albanese Essentials (Apple music); and

Piano and Cello duet by Brian Crain

II by Jean-Michel Blais is also lovely and I do enjoy Angele Duprea and La Pieta as well. Their version of Nostos (originally by Jean-Michel Blais) is stunning.

Other music I enjoy is Rag N' Bone Man, Nic Santos, Dean Lewis, Hozier, Green Day, Panic at the Disco, Tones and I, the odd song of Ed Shereen that is not about getting drunk or having sex, Alicia Keys, INXS, I did like Mumford and Sons but then found out one of them is a conspiracy theorist/anti vaxxer and can't listen to it anymore, some P!nk, Norah Jones, Snow Patrol, Metallica, Missy Higgens, and few others I can't name at the moment which is irritating me. As you can see I listen to a fair variety.

Not So Retro

Spotify cleverly saw what I was listening to and suggested a playlist called Metal Covers. A particular favourite is Enjoy the Silence (Depeche Mode song) covered by Lacuna Coil.

• 3 weeks later...
s_mdn v2.0

Yesterday was the Downward Spiral (NIN), great album, and few days ago was Jose Gonzalez' Veneer.

MONO's Nowhere Now Here is a fave this past year or so.

Judith is another cracker APC song.

Umm, what else am I listening to? I love these threads for gathering new songs or prompting for good old ones.

Not listening to, but watched the Nina Simone doco on Netflix and that prompted some good tunes to go on.

s_mdn v2.0

When I hear Closer, I can't help but picture Reznor as a guy alone in his bedroom, mixing songs in days old trackie daks and snack packets on the floor. Rather than some uber hot song lol.

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Angry music - Metallica and Disturbed. 

I love Disturbeds version of the sound of silence! It sounds so good very very loud. Sure gives the car subby a workout!  

• Like 3

That's a fab cover of a great song!

Recently had on DJ Shadow's album The Mountain will Fall,  and Bat for Lashes' The Haunted Man. This B4L album is soo good. 

Not So Retro
On 07/08/2021 at 1:04 PM, Jolly_F said:

Angry music - Metallica and Disturbed. 

I love Disturbeds version of the sound of silence! It sounds so good very very loud. Sure gives the car subby a workout!  

Paul Simon likes it too. It was on the radio at work and my boss commented he preferred the Disturbed version to the original. My phone must've been listening because next day up popped a little article about how PS saw them perform it live on (I think) Conan and got in touch to say how much he enjoyed it

Edited by Not So Retro
Typo

• 1 month later...

I somehow stumbled across a Spotify playlist called Happy Birthday Helen which I feel is just someone's list of favourites to sing to in the car. I want to meet this person as they clearly love some of the classic 70s and 80s songs to which I know all the lyrics. They have added in everything from Bat Out of Hell to Jolene.  I am in singalong heaven. 

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

Advertisement