Welcome guest! You are invited to register a free account to access our member-only forums.

Lego Masters 2021

Jolly_F

Awards

Team Member

riotproof

Awards

Oh wow. That looks excellent. My kids will be so excited!
A thanks means a hug, I’m so sorry, I hear you, totally agree.. depending on the context.
SillyDuff

Awards

Fantastic! Just showed my youngest, he is so excited except when he saw Kale - he said he better not be there to cause drama!
Mose

Awards

Am refusing to sign up so I can watch video - can anyone tell me when it starts please?
Jolly_F

Awards

Team Member

No date yet @Mose

You can watch the video in this link out hour signing up.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.nin ... b11669d271
JohnnyComeLately

Awards

Sub. Exciting! We need a date!
ContentedFleur

Awards

It's starting this Monday! I can't wait! I love Lego Masters!
ContentedFleur

Awards

Ooh, and I just looked up the teams. One of them is a very popular teacher at DS's primary school, so I know who we'll be supporting. He runs the Lego Club there!
Seayork2002

Awards

Team Member

Great news!
🇦🇺 🇬🇷 🇮🇪 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
STBG +2

Awards

Definitely starts in Vic on Monday and replaces MAFS.
STBG +2

Awards

I do love Lego but I probably love Hamish a bit more.
Princess Peach

Awards

These builds are amazing & they are only 2 hours into it!
LemonMyrtle

Awards

I love Lego masters but tonight I’m too tired and I’m going to bed.
But, it’s ok, cause my son will watch every episode about 10 times before the next episode, so I’m sure I will catch up.
I think I like all the contestants so far. They seem nice.
CCABW

Awards

My unpopular opinion is that this season is not as good as previous ones.
ContentedFleur

Awards

CCABW wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:39 pm My unpopular opinion is that this season is not as good as previous ones.
give it time, they're one episode into it!
I was barracking for Ryan and Gabby, due to the local connection (he's a teacher at DS's school, where he runs the Lego club. Unsurprisingly) and I really liked the Yeti build they did. I agree with the winner; the giant geisha head was stunning and I loved the little details, like the cherry blossom petals being swept up and the fish pools!
Other thoughts:
-The amusement park was too busy for me; I felt sick looking at the Ferris Wheel going roundandroundandround.
-The Cheese God was hilarious! Also led to a quick discussion as to why "baby Cheeses" was okay but "Cheesus Christ" was not (I'm Christian, for context).
-The volcano could have been better, it was a shame. Though I am not sure that Brickman's advice to not build a mountain because there were mountains already there was helpful in that regard; they couldn't exactly put the volcano on the existing mountain!

Looking forward to the next one!
Pip

Awards

I like who won the challenge. Is a nice change from all the fancy dancy stuff, even though it was fancy dancy.
Mose

Awards

One of my professional colleagues was on the show. Oh how I laughed when he displayed one of the characteristics he is well known for in the office. DH and DS just looked puzzled.
Bethlehem
Subscriber

Awards

We discover a new measurement unit.
“I don’t know kid, you didn’t come with instructions” - Chilli Heeler, Bluey S2 ep 50, “Baby Race”.

“The more I drink, the more I answer and the more typing mistakes I make”- Bethlehem 20/11/20
Jersey Caramel
Subscriber

Awards

We all love this show but whhyyyyyy must there be so many ads?! It is one hour of content but takes 2 hours and on a school night. We will have to go to watching on catch up (still an annoying amount of ads and often glitchy but at least we can start and finish earlier in the evening). Just need to convince the kids to skip a night.
Kiwi Bicycle
Subscriber

Awards

Is it me or is there more "met for the first time" match ups this year?
DS hated Hamish going on with the brick of doom plus the music/ laugh track. He was yelling at the tv to stop going on about it.
Blondie

Awards

Mose wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:36 am One of my professional colleagues was on the show. Oh how I laughed when he displayed one of the characteristics he is well known for in the office. DH and DS just looked puzzled.
I dont know names yet... Was it the male team mate that got the Brick of Doom and keeps running ff to do one more thing???
Mose

Awards

Haha. No the auditor with the Lamborghini...who appears to think the last minute is a good time to do things on 2/2 builds so far...
Mrs Claus

Awards

I think some would have been a lot better if Hamish could bowl straight
ContentedFleur

Awards

I'm watching with the kids on catchup now, because there is no way in heck that we're going to 1. stay up till 9.30 on a school night three nights a week or 2. suffer through all those ads again. No no no.

So, my thoughts on the bowling ball build:
- could not agree more with the winner. Not only was there a really good story, not only did it actually involve the impending bowling ball, but the cleverness of building the ramp to direct the bowling ball to where they wanted it to go! That sold me. Plus all the little heads going everywhere looked magnificent, and if that were sold as a kit I'd be first in line with my money out.
- How stressful was the samurai tower when they were fixing it with 7 minutes to go? Sheesh. It looked amazing, and I loved the slow-mo fall.
-I also loved the bell-tower viking build; it was hilarious that the bell-tower was still standing! We were imagining the bell ringer's face when she eventually woke up and looked down.
-if "leaving everything to the absolute last minute and then getting it done in double time" is how Lamborghini man works in real life, I don't know how he hasn't died of stress related illness or been attacked by infuriated colleagues. Gah!
- Oh Gabby and Ryan! You built it too well! It flexed with the impact!

looking forward to tomorrow night's build (well, tonight's, technically, but hey.)
BKK

Awards

The fox.

Brick man was nearly crying.

He’s right, they are not just playing with lego, they are making art.