IGNORED

Why is Channel 7 trying to make Schapelle Corby happen?

pelagic

I saw this as one of those side ads on Twitter https://www.newidea.com.au/schapelle-corby-home-and-away

I have to ask...why are they trying to make her happen?

She's a boring, rather average woman from what seems like a rather grasping family who either carried drugs or was set up to carry drugs and then was in a prison for years. It's a sad story but nothing about it makes me want to see her on television, and a great many people seem to feel the same way. She's home, she's definitely served her sentence whether she was guilty or not, can we just forget about her?

I'm not sure about that either. I saw her on SAS Australia and I felt quite sorry for her. She obviously carries a lot of trauma from what has happened and she doesn't come across well on TV. As you say, guilty or not she has served her sentence and I think if I was her I would be trying to have a normal life well away from the spotlight.

It’s probably her only source of income. I’d say she would be someone people steer clear of hiring.

I read she is a beauty therapist.

eta...and I just read she is also an accomplished artist.

She is interesting, that’s why. I don’t think the public has totally made up their mind on whether she did it on purpose, was an innocent victim or a whole host of other options in between. Look at Lindy Chamberlain. Despite all the new evidence, I think there are still people out there who think she did it. She never appeared to have wanted the spotlight but did not get a say in it. Maybe Schapelle thinks it is much better to do fun tv and make money rather than having photographers around her when she is hanging washing or buying milk.

I think the public think by seeing more of her, they will then be able to work out what happened with the drugs or she will let something slip.

• Like 1

StillFreddiesMum

Agree with PPs - it's probably her only source of earning money and for Channel 7 it would be a way of making money.

I'm glad I'm not interested in Schapelle Corby. I even have reservations about my small interest in Meghan Markle, and she's way more interesting.

I'm not sure if she did it or not, I'm glad she's back home but I'm not very interested in her either.

I don't watch Dancing with stars and didn't watch Sas Australia, not interested.

ArabellaKagical

It works - it gets people talking about the show and brings it to the forefront - the OP by starting this thread on soomeone she has no interest in but wants to talk about anyway, has helped - noone has started a thread because of any other contestant (afaik).

From this thread there may be a couple of people who will now watch for Schapelle and maybe a few more who will watch because the thread has remined them that the show has returned.

Ugh no, I won't be watching it, no interest at all regardless of who is on it!

In saying that, I also had no interest in the Harry/Meghan interview, and avoided watching or reading the crap that came up about it.

ArabellaKagical

In saying that, I also had no interest in the Harry/Meghan interview, and avoided watching or reading the crap that came up about it.

Yet despite your "no interest" you have posted multiple times in both threads, you may not watch, but in having an interest in making sure everyone knows you have no interest you keep the threads going, giving more oxygen to both partly explaining why Ch 7 is trying to make Schapelle happen - it even gets the "no interest" people talking!

Yet despite your "no interest" you have posted multiple times in both threads, you may not watch, but in having an interest in making sure everyone knows you have no interest you keep the threads going, giving more oxygen to both partly explaining why Ch 7 is trying to make Schapelle happen - it even gets the "no interest" people talking!

I posted a couple of times in the Markel thread. Saying I don't hate Meghan Markel. Which is what was asked.

I've answered this thread as in why are they trying to make schappel happen, which from reading this thread, was the question. I gave my answer. Which I'm assuming is why people post the threads if they're asking the question.

I've said it's not going to make me watch, and it won't, i just gave my opinion as you have.

Edited by Chchgirl

lazycritter

This is why I won't be watching dancing with the stars. The other reason I don't watch is that channel seven just seem to have a bunch of home and away people I don't know on it as well.

Actually I don't watch any ch7.tv at all. So nothing different to normal.

What I'm curious about is who has the vested interest in it? It's like that idiot Karl whazzizname from that Today show or whatever it was. Stefanovik? For ages they seemed to be spruiking him as if paid to do so, even though everyone wasn't interested in him at the time. This seems similar.

Why would they give Schapelle Corby any TV air time? She was a drug mule, so why promote it! Wrong thing to do do for TV!

Doesn't stop Andrew Johns, an admitted drug cheat and dealer from still being a rugby league immortal or commentator.

Why would they give Schapelle Corby any TV air time? She was a drug mule, so why promote it! Wrong thing to do do for TV!

Doesn't stop Andrew Johns, an admitted drug cheat and dealer from still being a rugby league immortal or commentator.

They don't need to be on on TV at all. It is so wrong!

Seayork2002

I dont get the use of celebrities like puppets as in a successful musician suddenly has a baby and brings out a parenting book, a screen star brings out a series of pasta sauces, a famous athlete is suddenly on car ads for Audi.

Sure I get a chef going on tv then bringing out a range of cookware that they have designed themselves makes a bit more sense but what actual experience does she have other than being convicted of a crime?

Advertisement