IGNORED

Birthday sleepover movie for 13/14 year old boys

leosmum

Hi everyone, having a sleepover party tonight for my just turned 13 DS and some of his friends - mix of 13 and 14 year old boys.

They’re a fairly gentle bunch, my DS is not really into Star Wars or Marvel movies, so I’m racking my brains for something to suggest for later tonight!

We have access to Netflix but also happy to pay to rent a movie via Apple or Foxtel so hit me with any and all suggestions!! Thanks everyone 😊

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• leosmum

• riotproof

• Silverstreak

• ImperatorFuriosa

Top Posters In This Topic

Lizzybirdsworth

I would get them to pick (within reason) and it’s majority rules.

I found at that age they just prefer to chat/ play games/ watch a sport game

riotproof

What sort of genres do they like? I agree with letting them pick, but I’d try to have some genre suggestions at least from your Ds.

So at least he can put them up.

I would get them to pick (within reason) and it’s majority rules.

I found at that age they just prefer to chat/ play games/ watch a sport game

Yes I think you’re right! They will be gaming together (primarily Minecraft) from arrival at 5pm, so I was keen to have a movie option by 9.30pm when some of the boys will go home.

Unfortunately not much interest in sport here either!!

What sort of genres do they like? I agree with letting them pick, but I’d try to have some genre suggestions at least from your Ds.

So at least he can put them up.

Ha, that’s the trouble - my DS is totally clueless when it comes to movies, quite enjoys watching them but just isn’t into them!

Thanks [mention]Kadoodle[/mention] i will check out Onward - my DS still very happy to watch animated movies.

And thanks all [mention]JustMyGirl[/mention] Jurassic Park is a great fallback option!

riotproof

If they don’t mind old school, I just saw The fifth element is on sbs on demand. And it’s pg.

otherwise maybe Percy Jackson?

Dh has suggested Goonies but it’s been a long time since he was a 13 year old boy.

If they don’t mind old school, I just saw The fifth element is on sbs on demand. And it’s pg.

otherwise maybe Percy Jackson?

Dh has suggested Goonies but it’s been a long time since he was a 13 year old boy.

Thanks [mention]riotproof[/mention] love your ideas! I’m going to ‘fess up here that I’ve never seen the Goonies 😱

riotproof

Not my favourite. I think it’s a bit too dated now, I wouldn’t show it to my Ds 11. Who also fell asleep watching ghost busters.

I'd go old school with The Never-ending Story and Labyrinth, but I am an old fart.

Two personal faves [mention]Silverstreak[/mention]! Haven’t sat and watched Labyrinth with my boys, but we have watched The Neverending Story together. They didn’t enjoy it as much as I hoped, perhaps a bit slow for them, I think? Or perhaps I’m still just living in the past with my childhood crush on the boy actor - and the dragon 😂

Silverstreak

I'd go old school with The Never-ending Story and Labyrinth, but I am an old fart.

Two personal faves @Silverstreak! Haven’t sat and watched Labyrinth with my boys, but we have watched The Neverending Story together. They didn’t enjoy it as much as I hoped, perhaps a bit slow for them, I think? Or perhaps I’m still just living in the past with my childhood crush on the boy actor - and the dragon 😂

I love Falkor!

verucasalt

My son loved Spiderman: Into the Spider verse? (I am not sure about the exact title). It was animated and had a few terrific plot twists.

She's the man or 10 things I hate about you are funny.

Transformers?

Princess Peach

My kids are younger, (& it has been some time since I watched anything more than a cartoon) but would the newer jumunji movies be suitable?

Spidey_Senses

My son loved Spiderman: Into the Spider verse? (I am not sure about the exact title). It was animated and had a few terrific plot twists.

She's the man or 10 things I hate about you are funny.

Transformers?

I just watched shes the man and quite liked it. I expected to cringe as Im not really a teen rom com sort.

Advertisement