IGNORED

Going to the wiggles concert with a toddler - tips & tricks

Greenbean

Greenbean

As per the title I'm taking my toddler to see the wiggles in concert next week. She's 18 months and I'm not sure I've thought this through. We have seats.

Do I take a pram? Practically I can't see how I would get her across the venue (Rod Laver) without it, but I also can't see how I would park it etc. I do have a travel pram that I could fold up and put on my shoulder and it will fit under the seat.

What else do I need to know? Should I buy noise cancelling ear muffs for her ears?

Thanks all in advance

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greenbean

• LemonMyrtle

• Princess Peach

• Not Escapin Xmas

Top Posters In This Topic

LemonMyrtle

Those sorts of concerts usually have a large pram parking area near the entrances that you can leave your pram in. So don’t take your most expensive pram, just in case, although I’ve never heard of a pram being stolen.

Then it’s a short walk to your seat.

Take a back pack so your arms are free for child carrying. And make sure everything you don’t want to leave in the pram unattended fits in the backpack. So pack light.

Not Escapin Xmas

Take the pram.

My tips, 1 - make sure you have lots of food with you. 2 - if it all goes to hell on a hand basket then it’s really ok to just leave.

Greenbean

Thanks all. I was going to take the tram but I think I'll drive. I take the small travel pram just in case.

And yes to snacks! I'll .ake.sure.there area.many sultanas in particular.

Bethlehem

They always make time to collect art and roses so the performers come into the crowd. Some kids freak out at this. Others love it.

Oh yes the over priced merch! My kids loved it. I went to a huge amount of trouble & expense to take DD to one of the concerts when she was about 3. Best seats, loads of expensive plastic merch etc. She didn’t like the concert at all & nodded off. What a waste!!

Kiwi Bicycle

Hopefully an 18 month year old won't be so aware of merch.

I took DS to see Lala and the Big Live band once when he was 2 years.

It was great value for money as they came out to the autrium afterwards and let the kids pluck Lola ( not the real one I would guess), press the keys of the sax as Mr Saxophone blew, play the drum and have a picture on Lala's knee. They stayed out there until everyone who wanted to had a turn with each of them. Was very impressed they did that.

They always make time to collect art and roses so the performers come into the crowd. Some kids freak out at this. Others love it.

My girls loved this bit and then the wiggles often sing out the words in the signs and cards when they get back to the stage so they loved hearing their names.

Thanks everyone. She was a bit dazed but did great.

I pre booked parking and we walked to the arena (a bit of rain but ok). We sat outside for a bit, bought a tacky star wand and she ate hot chips for breakfast.

They started 15 mins late which was a bit challenging to keep her seated.

After a bathroom break we went back to our seats and she just grabbed my hand and walked me up the stairs so we left.

Advertisement