As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

Hybrid flooring

Greatmum

Thinking of getting hybrid flooring for most of our house.

Who had it done. What did it cost. What are good and bad pounts about it.

Did they install all at once or over a few days/weeks. What did u do with all your furniture/stuff??

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greatmum

• PocketMacrophobia

• Emissary

• Blondie

Top Posters In This Topic

We installed flooring a couple of years ago. We had it professionally installed over a few days and just moved the furniture around. We retained the carpet in the bedrooms though, that would have been difficult. Will you install yourselves or get a professional? Cant answer the other questions as its different to hybrid flooring (I think!!)

Edited by Blondie

What is your current flooring?

I must admit I'm a flooring snob and just want either original floorboards, or real wood. I don't like the sound of (what I snobbishly call) fake wood flooring - just sounds (and often looks) like lino to me.

For redemption, I'm a laminate surfaces fan, so by no means a purist in other ways.

PocketMacrophobia

I put in hybrid flooring but just in my bedroom. We removed furniture but we were replacing that anyway.

We're thinking of doing it throughout the rest of the house. The plan would be to move furniture as we go, but we'll have carpeted areas we can use as well.

I honestly love it. It feels really sturdy and hard wearing. Its water proof which was a huge bonus for us. We've used laminate before and we'll not go back to that again. It doesn't, so far get as hot or as cold as tiles.

I definitely wouldn't try to lay it ourselves and we do a lot of our renovation ourselves. We got it on a special offer and would wait for an offer again though.

There's one patch that rocked ever so slightly initially where it went over a crack in the floor below it. Its not flexible like laminate, but much thinner.

I had it installed late last year to the wholehouse except for the 2 bedrooms. Put it down over existing tiles and floorboards. Took them a day I think to lay it all, I put the furniture in the bedroom and carport as much as I could. A few bigger pieces like couch and dining table I couldn't move they worked around, there were 2 blokes doing the install. I think I paid $45 per square meter for my hybrid, roughly 6k for all flooring including 2 carpeted rooms.

I like it. Looks nice. Dont have to worry about damage from pets or kids. Havent had any issues with it so far. Sure real wood would be nice but too easy to ruin it and costly. For this house hybrid is perfect.

PocketMacrophobia

Ooh! Yes as [mention]Annsy[/mention] says, it is thin and doesn't need underlay so it can go straight over tiles which saves a fortune in trying to get old tiles up.

Thanks everyone.

We don’t have floorboards we are on a slab so can’t use them. Don’t want to put wood down cause of cost and how it would get damaged.

We are getting it installed tried to talk DH into installing but he said no way lol.

Like how it’s waterproof too have pets company said we can do it over a few days and move furniture around.

Andy is $45 for the planks only or install included.

We have it all over the house in our new build except the bathrooms, and love it. As PP said waterproof all through, and scratch proof too. We have a greyhound who finds it a bit slippery if she’s running around a corner. She knows not to now, but the first couple of times there was major prolonged scrabbling, but still no scratches on the floor.

We have it installed on concrete and hebel, there’s one board on the concrete slab that rocks slightly.

• 4 weeks later...

Getting it done now. Looks great. Have just packed stuff up put in garage or moved around rooms.

How do you clean it. What brand cleaners do u use and mop etc

Kiwi Bicycle

I just realised you mean vinyl plank flooring. Yes, I have it. I use a steam mop to clean it. But otherwise treat it like vinyl but don't get it too wet as the water can get through the edges of the plank. So it I was going to use a mop and bucket, I would wring the mop head until it's almost dry. You don't want 2mm of water over the floor.

Advertisement