As a guest, you're only seeing half the picture - register now for access to all forums. ×
IGNORED

Do you park your car in your garage?

Ozgirl

PocketMacrophobia

Yes and no.

My car goes in the car port attached to the house. We have a separate double garage with workshop. That stores freezers, bikes, quads, lawn mower etc. A single shed with relatives car stored in it. DPs and the towing car live outside.

I dream of a circular drive where I can drive in the back of the garage and out the front 😂 . Otherwise I'd reverse in.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ozgirl

• LemonMyrtle

• Rosie28

• Bornagirl

Top Posters In This Topic

At one stage we had 7 cars and 1 car port. Not showing off here, they were our 5 children's cars and ours. First in first served for the car port and the others parked in a circular drive way.

Now we have a double garage and 3 cars, one each and another that is my DH's vintage Porsche which is always in the garage so the other spot is now first in first served once again.

Tinkle Bells

We have a three car garage off a rear lane way. We do park our car in it. We also keep our trailer in there and my daughter parks in there. It has direct access to the granny flat where my daughter lives, but we have to walk down a path to our house.

We also have a work bench and heaps of storage set up in there. I love it. We didn’t even have a carport at our last house, just an uncovered driveway. We are careful not to allow it to become cluttered, and ruthlessly move things on if it gets crowded in there.

I dream of having a garage which accesses the house. I could load the car without getting wet or cold or over heated. I wouldn't have to chip the ice off on cold winter mornings. When my son was little he promised to buy me a house with a garage with a door to the house.

The house we currently rent has a side door leading to the driveway. However, the house was sold to the current owners before they completed all the renovations. So there's a slab of concrete which extends the driveway down past the house and the door.... but no garage.

Spidey_Senses

Its becoming more of a thing not to I think.

Many blocks around here have been divided into 4 or 5 very small townhouses. Most people in these use the garage for storage and park 2 cars in the driveway, blocking the footpath and blocking visibility of other drivers. Some dont look when they back out and you cant see them behind the other cars.

I also dont blame people who park like this. People have to live somewhere so they buy what they can afford, and a lot of people need 2 cars as public transport isnt great if you want to go anywhere besides the city.

I think the council should have thought this out a bit more and limited subdivision to 2/3 on a block. Maybe thats a whole different thread topic.

Kiwi Bicycle

Around my way councils are requiring off street visitor parking to be included. There's 5 townhouses nearby with 3 off street visitor carparks and a huge 25 townhouse developement that has 12 visitor carparks. They tend to be overflow for the residents cars.

Jersey Caramel

We don't have a garage (it was converted to an extra bedroom and bathroom long before we bought the house) so the car is parked in the driveway. In our suburb most of the houses were built in the 60s when cars must have been a lot smaller and you would only have one per family. So most garages are used for storage since you couldn't fit a regular modern car in there. As houses are knocked down and rebuilt with large double garages, it looks to me about 50/50 as to who uses it for cars and who uses it just for additional storage.

Pigeonpairplusone

I park my car but despite supposedly being a double garage it doesn’t fit DH’s. We do also have boxes & a cupboard with dance costumes stored there. We had a really bad hailstorm where I live last year where so many cars (and rooves) were destroyed so I’m so glad my car was in the garage at the time. DH’s work car was a write off.

Advertisement