IGNORED

Wall mounted tv - double brick

Guest Chamomile

Guest Chamomile

I’m keen to have our tv put on the wall. I think tvs look so much better on the wall.

We have double brick though, and would need to chase the power and antenna cables in the wall.

Then re-render and re-paint the wall. It is a big job. Should I do it, or just leave it alone?

Edit to add, I’m not a DIY person, I’ll get tradesman in. But I still have to supervise them and clean up after them.

So I guess there’s 2 trades:

1) electrician to chase the cables and I’d ask him to attach the wall bracket too.

2) And renderer who can also repaint.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LemonMyrtle

• SleepyBear

• VeritasVinumArte

• DaLittleEd

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's double brick a decent electrician will be able to run it into the cavity with no damage to the render the same as if running a PowerPoint or light fitting.

Yep, I second the PP if it's an external double brick wall you can easily chase the cables down the cavity. Well, get a tradie to do so.

LemonMyrtle

Random, but related comment.... if you go ahead, make sure they don’t install it too high. I’m an OT and am in and out of lots of homes. At a guess, 75% of wall mounted TVs are way too high, which results in bad positioning for your neck.

Random, but related comment.... if you go ahead, make sure they don’t install it too high. I’m an OT and am in and out of lots of homes. At a guess, 75% of wall mounted TVs are way too high, which results in bad positioning for your neck.

Funny, isn't it? I don't mean funny ha ha, just where we 'think' the TV should be is often incorrect.

Funnily enough, we had an ex doctor come and install the wall mount for us, and he told us where to put it. I said 'that's way too low' and he pointed out it was exactly the same height as the buffet thingy we'd already had it on. He said the same as you - most people are putting them too high and causing neck issues.

VeritasVinumArte

https://www.lg.com/global/lg-signature/oled-tv-w8

You could spend a ridiculous amount of money and get a TV like the above. My father purchased one a few generations ago (got it heavily discounted from a seconds place - the box had damage), it looks amazing on the wall, only a few mm thick. There is a flat white wire which connects to the soundbar where the power, HDMI cables etc go.

Yes most people wall mount TVs too high, but like a PP said dad’s is mounted at a similar level to where a TV would sit if it was on a TV stand.

Advertisement