• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eponee

• Jenflea

• Crombek

• Pip

Top Posters In This Topic

Never mind the blood and condoms! Since when did houses in grindelwald cost that much??!!!

It's a big house on a large-ish block

Yep property up here has gone off. And competition is fierce.

Hills Mum Bec

Looks very cold with no warmth. The kitchen looks industrial and the dining area with all the glass bricks reminds me of an office boardroom.

Obviously nobody has used the sauna in a while.

LemonMyrtle

Wow. Love it. And soooo cheap compared to Melbourne! Maybe we need to move to Tasmania.

Except, why, in such a huge house, is the laundry in the garage??? I don’t want to walk into a cold smelly garage dozens of times a day to do laundry. I want somewhere warm and nice that smells of washing powder, not petrol.

I finally watched the video. The bathroom mirrors were filthy, one of the lights above the stove was flickering and there was what looked like a half eaten strawberry on the outdoor table. Plus the yard looks like a haven for snakes, many, many, many snakes ***shudder**.

But I still do like the house with some adjustments

Silverstreak

All those glass blocks remind me of the dentist! I'm ashamed to say I'm not as horrified with the murals as I thought I'd be. My inner 80s child is showing.

I love the red mural behind the tv. I really like some of the others as well. The quotes, although I can't read them, would have to go. Twee quotes about being happy do my head in, and I imagine that's what they are. I have lyric quotes in my room though, so I'm not entirely against it. It just has to be right for the person looking at them. Generic is boring.

No one mentioned the lack of toilet doors yet??

Bedroom 1 and the garage toilet have no doors according to the floor plan...

I actually really liked some of it, before Joseph's room (did they allow him to paint it himself?? Why wouldn't you paint over it to sell the house.??) and just assumed it was an air bnb type thing. But no. Someone made those choices and lived in it. Weird.

magic_marker

[mention]Bad Cat[/mention] One of the quotes is

Come to me all you who are Weary and Burdened and l will give you Pe

Smoked weed and then thought, this is ACE and left it off the end.

The other quote is

Yesterday is history

Tomorrow a mystery

Today is a gift

That's why it's called the present.

And the house is the gift that keeps on giving on weed.

And then the other quote is Be like a Tree yada yada yada

No one mentioned the lack of toilet doors yet??

Bedroom 1 and the garage toilet have no doors according to the floor plan...

I actually really liked some of it, before Joseph's room (did they allow him to paint it himself?? Why wouldn't you paint over it to sell the house.??) and just assumed it was an air bnb type thing. But no. Someone made those choices and lived in it. Weird.

REA's are advising not to worry about doing anything before listing. If the property is even listed. We were told we would have 5 offers within a week on ours without listing, but they advise us to list to get a better price. I know of 2 at least that sold before going to market a few months ago. An acquaintance just purchased a property sight unseen 40 grand over asking price on the day of listing. THATS how competitive it is here.

Although a family member is trying to buy in Sydney right now and they're having similar experiences too.

Eta: I mentioned in another thread word has gotten around that we will (eventually) be selling. We've been doorknocked 3 times in the last month by locals.

GrannySmith

We’re currently trying to buy in Tas and it’s crazy. We’ve put in 3 offers, all $30-40k over asking price and haven’t even got a look it. We’ve had to line up, out the gate and down the street at open homes. Luckily we already own a property in another part of the state which has also gone up a lot on value and love our rental, which is great because it looks like we’ll be here a lot longer than planned!

That house will sell in no time, well over the asking price. Honestly I think it’s one of the more normal ones in Grindelwald, we’ve looked at a few up that way and it’s strange place with all the chalets around!

Advertisement