IGNORED

Bamboo sheets???

riotproof

Do you like them? Are they strong?

Do still look for a particular thread count?

I bought some cotton sheets and they have worn quite well, so well they are ripped now.

Tia

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riotproof

• Lorem ipsum

• Andi

• Kiwi Bicycle

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought some last year and they were nice the first time I slept on them, but after one wash they're all bally and look and feel years old. They also take three times as long to dry after washing than normal sheets do. I won't be buying them again.

Kiwi Bicycle

I have two sets from 2 different manufacturers. They are both soft and silky. They are both pure bamboo or with a cotton blend, no polyester. They haven't worn through in the middle, but one corner of the fitted sheet has torn due to mattress thicknesses ( so my fault). Basically you need to spend at least $ 150 on a king sized set to get quality. Mine are around 5 years old.

We have the Life Basics Eco Bamboo sheets from Nourished Life. It is like sleeping on clouds. I really like them, they're not perfect though. Because they're so soft and silky, the top sheet does come untucked eventually. I find a good retuck after a week is usually sufficient (we're grots who change them every fortnight). I have just managed to put a hole in the fitted sheet where my feet go, but the same happened with the previous cotton sheets we had. The pillowcases on our light set are also a bit discoloured from sweat. Despite these issues I am absolutely going to replace them because they are so comfy.

overlytired

I had a set that I bought in the USA Target that lasted me 10 years (60% bamboo, 40% cotton). They were lovely, thick yet very soft. I cried when they tore. They were replaced with 100% linen sheets from Belarus, bought on Etsy. They are my new love.

Lorem ipsum

I have some from adairs.

Love them. They are really soft and have worn extremely well.

As a pp mentioned they are quite thick, and do take quite a while to dry.

Adair’s is meant to be having some amazing online sale next Thursday/Friday. I might spend some time having a look at what they’ve got there. If I have to buy two sets to replace the one, that’s not a terrible thing. Assuming they last.

The other thing I’d heard was bamboo is even cooler than cotton. Dh can’t handle polyester at all in sheets. Makes him sweat like crazy.

I got some from pillow talk a couple of months ago. Dp sweats like anything, and I've noticed he's been less sweaty. I love them. They feel so smooth and soft..

Lorem ipsum

Adair’s is meant to be having some amazing online sale next Thursday/Friday. I might spend some time having a look at what they’ve got there. If I have to buy two sets to replace the one, that’s not a terrible thing. Assuming they last.

The other thing I’d heard was bamboo is even cooler than cotton. Dh can’t handle polyester at all in sheets. Makes him sweat like crazy.

The sheets do feel cool (in a good way) when you first get into bed.

I reckon for my sheets it is probably similar to cotton for hotness, cause they are that bit thicker

We have replaced all our sheets and Doona covers with the Adair’s bamboo cotton ones...

they really are so soft and smooth and even DH likes them and that’s saying something! I only buy them on sale..

I will keep an eye out to get more soon, they’re a game changer for us. Even bought my DS a fitted sheet too..

Edited by charli73

Princess Peach

We have bamboo cotton sheets from Manchester warehouse. (Baz Phillips brand). Love them, they don’t feel crunchy like the pure cotton ones & DH certainly doesn’t sweat as much with them.

Downside is they do take longer to dry, but I’m in qld so it’s only mid winter that it can be a problem.

Thank you all for your help. I’ve bought a couple of new mattress protectors, one set of bamboo sheets to try and another just cotton. The Adair’s sale seems to have started a bit early, though you have to join their linen lovers club $20 for 2 years, though the discount was much more than that.

Eta, it’s actually one of the offers here, so I used that link.. hopefully it brings a nice commission. :lol:

Advertisement