IGNORED

Stacking washer and heat pump dryer of different brands

Beanette

To wrap up this thread - my new dryer was delivered this week. I went with the Bosch one I was wanting, and am so happy with it. Dries perfectly and not too loud,

We stacked it on top of the washer. When we went to buy it (at the Good Guys) I asked about a stacking kit and the salesperson looked at me like I had two heads and essentially told me they were a waste of money 🤷‍♀️

We bought a $30 rubber mat to go between them, it's quite thick and grippy on both sides. So far not any movement at all, I stack my washing baskets on top of the dryer and even they don't move a cm while both are running.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beanette

• Ozgirl

• LemonMyrtle

• Kiwi Bicycle

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm about to bite the bullet and buy a Bosch heat pump dryer to stack onto my washing machine - but now the washing machine is going too and after flogging it for ten years I'm thinking of indulging in both new washer and heat pump dryer. How are you finding the dryer so far?? I have been put off by reviews saying stuff still feels damp at the end of the cycle and while I know it won't be hot and fluffy, I'm hoping they definitely dry clothes properly??

Ok just read the article linked above. They say it's dangerous to stack a condenser drier using a mat. I would sell your drier and buy the stackable matching drier instead. Driers are cheaper than washing machines.

Not when you buy a heat pump condensor, mine (a Bosch) was the same price or more than the washing machine.

So all these people stacking, doesn't your washing machine vibrate during the spin cycle? I'd have thought you couldn't put something on top of it?

I have two Bosch machine stacked. Took me ages to get the stacker as there were delays in stocking. I can only just reach to empty the water thing in the dryer but it takes up much less room as there was no real room for the dryer and it was really awkward to reach both how they were left after my move.

I got a drawer that slides out between the two so i can fold onto it

LemonMyrtle

I'm about to bite the bullet and buy a Bosch heat pump dryer to stack onto my washing machine - but now the washing machine is going too and after flogging it for ten years I'm thinking of indulging in both new washer and heat pump dryer. How are you finding the dryer so far?? I have been put off by reviews saying stuff still feels damp at the end of the cycle and while I know it won't be hot and fluffy, I'm hoping they definitely dry clothes properly??

I have a Bosch heat pump dryer. It’s fine so far, had it for maybe 2 years now. Clothes don’t come out super dry and warm and cosy, which is a shame, and it’s probably not hot enough to kill germs or dust mites. But it definitely comes out dry, and stuff doesn’t shrink anymore either. And delicates can be tumble dried. And my laundry walls don’t drip water anymore.

It does take longer though, 3 hours for a full mixed load (mines the 10kg one).

I like it, but I’m not sure I’d spend that much money again, I’ll probably go back to a standard dryer when this one dies and get it vented correctly to the outside.

Kiwi Bicycle

Ok just read the article linked above. They say it's dangerous to stack a condenser drier using a mat. I would sell your drier and buy the stackable matching drier instead. Driers are cheaper than washing machines.

Not when you buy a heat pump condensor, mine (a Bosch) was the same price or more than the washing machine.

True, I was thinking the standard vented driers vs washing machines.

Advertisement