IGNORED

Reverse cycle air-conditioners

Princess Peach

Princess Peach

So in the long journey of renovating our home, the air-conditioning units are next on the list.

I know almost nothing about them, so need the collective wisdom to figure out where to even start.

the basic needs:

- we are coastal SE Qld, so we don’t get crazy cold, or many excessively hot days (close to the coast means sea breezes keep the living areas of the house lovely & cool).

- needs to cool/heat 3 small bedrooms, 2 are next to each other & the other is over a wide hallway from these.

- easy to clean filters, we have 2 asthmatics in the house

- would love a timer function, so for the week in August that we get winter I can take the chill out of air in the kids room.

Currently we have 1 multi-head system, but I don’t know if it will be more efficient to replace it with 2 separate systems (one for the kids & one for us), or replace it with a modern updated version.

No idea what else I even need to consider, so ideas for that would be helpful as well.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ozgirl

• Princess Peach

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could have had a multi head system.

So I vote keep your current and upgrade to more modern units inside?

And consider one with wifi to control them (step up from timing function)

And one with an economical ‘dehydration’ setting.

That’s likely all you need in summer and uses half the power (it all I use in my inner Sydney apartment.