IGNORED

Iron infusions

NannyPlum

For those who have had iron infusions, when does the bone deep fatigue subside? I feel like a zombie wrapped up in cotton wool with no energy for anything.

I don't know if it's the iron infusion or my new ADs (fluxotine).

I'm still happy, doing active stuff but it's wiping me out doing normal things. I swear I had more energy before! I have also given up coffee (a month now), alcohol and I'm getting proper 8-9hrs sleep.

So I'm looking for some reassurance that this will subside before I head back to the dr!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NannyPlum

• QuirkyMum

• tinselfoil hat

• Gracie1978

Top Posters In This Topic

tinselfoil hat

No idea about the infusion but have you tried taking your AD at a different time? Ie if you take it in the morning, take it before bed or vice versa? That made a big difference to me.

Hope you feel better soon.

Guest BusbyWilkes

IME those symptoms (if you’re saying you feel worse than before you had the infusion) are more likely to be due to ADs. Or how long since you’ve cut coffee out - the lack of caffeine, if you are used to a lot, could be making you more fatigued.

Thanks everyone for your replies 🙂

I take my meds at night because I was getting really bad nausea when taking them in the morning.

I have had no caffeine since start of December.

I have a referral to book in for ADHD assessment as well [mention]Gracie1978[/mention]

I might try my meds in the morning again because I think the side effects of nausea should have worn off now. If I don't see an improvement, I will book an appointment to switch my meds again. This is a much bigger dose (25gms compared to 10!) and I'm only taking it for feelings of overwhelm and anxiety

Currently I feel more overwhelmed due to the tiredness and inability to do the things which keep it at bay!!

I had one at the beginning of December. I don't feel magically better :(

I think I need ADHD meds.

I have had a couple and it never made much difference to how I was feeling either. I stopped doing it-it would raise my levels but never dramatically and never for long.

No advice re:meds. Good luck with feeling better!

2-4 weeks but it could very easily be the ADs. I never get used to the lethargy side effect of my ADs. I used to think I had chronic fatigue until I ran out of ADs and decided to try life without them. I magically had so much energy. I could work a full shift and still come home to mow the lawn, exercise and cook dinner. I realised when I went back on the ADs and the lethargy returned :(

Not sure on the ADs but I’ve always felt awful directly after an iron infusion and then fantastic about 2 weeks later. The horrible 2 weeks is well worth it, because they last around a year for me.

Smallish update.

I have swapped to taking my AD meds in the morning and that seems to have made a huge difference! I used to take them right before bed but now I take them at breakfast - making sure I actually eat breakfast.

I have been taking vitamin B12 and magnesium as well.

I haven't been as tired but hitting the 4pm slump pretty hard so I'm going to trial a few different things to see what works :)

Advertisement