IGNORED

VLED diet

anyway

Hey, i have spoken to my doctor and they have brought up me going on the very low energy diet, i have a lot to lose and have been looking at it today, has anyone here done this before?

If so any tips, meal suggestions etc.

i will be doing shakes as well as meals

(guess you all know what i was going to search for in EB now haha)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anyway

• Jolly_F

• cardamom

• Blondie

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this before my surgery. The first few days were tough but after I got in a groove it was fine.

I just did shakes for breakfast and lunch, sometimes dinner but dinner was just lean chicken or fish with the allowed veggies. Snacks were veggie sticks. Was allowed a few berries.

Thanks for the reply, ok that's what i thought, I'm thinking maybe not to overthink it and just do my shakes and veggies/fruit

I am doing this hoping that i wont have to do the surgery, how long ago did you have the surgery? I am a big wuss and really dont want to do it!

There's a website called OptiCook that was a saviour for me when I was on it (also pre-surgery, but I wasn't allowed any meat - jealous that you were [mention]Jolly_F[/mention]!)

http://opticook.org/

I remember making some Moroccan carrots with cauliflower couscous that was surprisingly bloody tasty! Carrot wedges roasted in the oven featured quite heavily for me, as did zucchini "chips".

I never tried the meals, just shakes for breakfast and lunch and a vegie meal for dinner. Berries, vegie sticks and diet jelly for snacks.

Oh, I can remember making a pho-style soup quite often too - broth with lots of herbs, bean sprouts, veg, etc. and konjac noodles (sometimes called slendier noodles at the supermarket).

Also spiralised zucchini pasta with a tomato and basil sauce, I quite liked that.

Thanks for the reply, ok that's what i thought, I'm thinking maybe not to overthink it and just do my shakes and veggies/fruit

I am doing this hoping that i wont have to do the surgery, how long ago did you have the surgery? I am a big wuss and really dont want to do it!

Just over 5 months ago. Best decision I made. 40kgs down. Life is easier. Clothes shopping is going to break me :lol:

There is no way I could have stuck to the pre op diet long term, the few weeks I needed was more than enough. The thought of those shakes now makes me nauseous.

I did the optifast shakes and lost 20kg over a 6 month period. I have kept weight off for 2 years. I did a mix of intensive (3 shakes/bars a day) and active 2 (2 products and 1 meal).

My day was typically:

8.00 shake

11.00 Vege snack

1.00 Lunch salad

3.00 shake or bar

6.00 calorie controlled dinner or vegetable and shake at 8

Snack was diet jelly

At least 3 litres of water a day

Opticook is a great resource for recipes

Thanks to both of you, wish me luck im starting tomorrow!

I cant see me doing this long term but hoping to for up to 6 weeks for a boost and then maybe a little like FooFoo mix it up a little too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!! sorry i havent been on, yeah i was going really well but then we got the news of the new lockdown and i crashed!

I have lost 7kg so far so back on it today, just need to remind myself that this is for the best and trying to get a better mindset.

How are you going?

Advertisement