IGNORED

Recurring lumps under armpit

Feebi

A couple of weeks ago I suddenly got 3 painful lumps under my armpit. I was slightly concerned (okay completely freaked out after google started telling me I could have lymphoma, leukaemia or breast cancer). I was going to go to the doctor but one went the next day and the other two were gone a couple of days later. I thought it may have been an infection even though I don't feel sick.

Another one appeared appeared overnight. Larger than the others and closer to my breast.

Has anyone had similar?

Please tell me it wasn't anything nasty. I'm freaking out. I'm not asking for medical advice and will make a doctors appt tomorrow. I read too many cancer stories today that started with a lump in the armpit and am scared. In hindsight I should have made a drs appt and taken time off work today .

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Feebi

• riotproof

• Turbulent

• DaLittleEd

Top Posters In This Topic

If near the surface of the skin they could be sebaceous cysts from blocked pores which I had had on and off for years. But definitely go see the Dr!!!!

Oh you poor thing, can understand you feel a bit scared and google is not reassuring ever.

I get a lot of lumps and bumps on my neck due to a crappy immune system and confused lymph nodes. I still freak out though and google.

Do u shave your arm pits? Can you feel around them and find they move? Are they definitely hiding under the skin not within the skin? Have you changed antiperspirant recently?

Just to add, doctors are very good at checking these things, I have had a couple of lumps come up near my breasts too and the dr was able to tell me they were confident they were ok but they usually get an ultrasound to check them which is fairly quick and easy.

Oh you poor thing, can understand you feel a bit scared and google is not reassuring ever.

I get a lot of lumps and bumps on my neck due to a crappy immune system and confused lymph nodes. I still freak out though and google.

Do u shave your arm pits? Can you feel around them and find they move? Are they definitely hiding under the skin not within the skin? Have you changed antiperspirant recently?

Yes to shaving my pits.

No to changing deodourant.

Yes to moving.

It feels like it is under the skin.

I have had very painful little lumps come up from shaving irritation, came up overnight and about a cm but felt in the skin when I pinched them. I had no sign of any irritation, just the little cysts.

Moving is a usually a good thing for lymph nodes as is the fact you had a couple go away.

Breast implants can also have gel leak to lymph nodes under your arm just in case that may be relevant.

Please let us know how you go at the drs,

It sounds gross but squeeze one. if it bursts it's a cyst.

I've had one or 2 when I shave my armpits (I rarely bother because no one sees my underarms except Dh and DD and they don't care lol) but I had one when I was having a breast exam by the GP and she said it's from shaving.

It sounds gross but squeeze one. if it bursts it's a cyst.

I've had one or 2 when I shave my armpits (I rarely bother because no one sees my underarms except Dh and DD and they don't care lol) but I had one when I was having a breast exam by the GP and she said it's from shaving.

Yep, this is exactly what I get too. At first I was scared it was cancer but I accidentally squeezed it and it burst. I shave my armpits and get them when it is hot and I sweat a lot and rub against fabric that doesn't breathe well.

I would of course see a doctor if you are worried OP.

My lymph nodes get lumpy pretty regularly and I can feel them in my arm pits and neck. My immune system is errr special though. I also get cysts and have had them too.

Always best to get checked by a doctor though.

I had surgery last week to remove several lumps under both my armpits. For some reason I was getting clusters of them and they would get inflamed and be so painful then burst and leave a scar. I actually thought that were boils but turns out they were epidermoid cysts. I put up with them for a couple of years but so glad that I finally got them removed. I had to have a general anaesthetic because there were quite a few on my left side.

Cysts under the armpits is pretty common but I would definitely get them checked out by a doctor just to be sure.

I no longer shave my armpits now - I get them lasered at a laser hair removal clinic.

VeritasVinumArte

Glad it is all resolved now. One night after taking my bra off I noticed a lump in my breast. Sure it was nothing to worry about I made an appointment to see the Dr the next day. The Dr was sure it was nothing, but did refer me to have an urgent ultrasound and imaging (Dr made the appointment for me). It was indeed nothing (slight calcification that went away) but as my Dr said with breasts you don’t mess about.

Advertisement