IGNORED

Health Line Direct

Ozgirl

So yesterday afternoon I was feeling off colour, at about 5.15pm I started throwing up.

Local GPs (im currently living in regional NSW) were closed. So I call Health Line direct. I wanted so advice as I suspected that i may have been withdrawing from ADs (I had forgotten to take them two days in a row, stupid I know).

Seriously what is the point of this line? As someone (rightly said in another thread) they just recommend Hospital.

Its a 40min drive which I was wanting to avoid. And the last two times (don't ask) in the last 6mths we have called an ambulance it was 1.5hr wait, plus on site assessment plus the 40min drive.

I just wanted after hours medical advice of what to do (ie take my AD there and then)

I did get to the point where i was going to call the ambulance, on the off chance they could have given me a dose of maxalon or similar.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ozgirl

• Greenbean

• Feebi

Top Posters In This Topic

They seem to be screening service to work out if a hospital trip is warranted or not.

I had to phone them a month or so ago and was told to see a GP the next day. They don't always tell people to go to the hospital.

It was confusing though because person # 1 answered and asked me why I was phoning. When I lauched into it she then kept on saying that she couldn't give medical advice which confused the hell out of me. Turns out she was just taking my details to pass onto the nurse. Why she couldn't have just said that in the first place is beyond me.

Oh thats good to know - But super weird that she suggested i go to hospital.

I knew what was wrong, i just wanted a way to ease the symptoms,

I ended up ring my sydney GP - and my Gp had left for the day but i spoke to another Dr who reassured me.

Thank god for Telehealth eh - I suspect 2 years ago they would have never had done it,

She did say GP today if not feeling better,

Advertisement