IGNORED

0.025% chance I am pregnant. Talk me down.

Lallalla

He had a vasectomy nearly 5 years ago, and had the follow up test. I know the chances are very very low. 0.025% chance apparently. But I am quite late, and unusually tired and grumpy (which I also was when pregnant).

I know it is highly, highly unlikely but the tiny possibility that I could be, is doing my head in this morning.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lallalla

• Kiwi Bicycle

• Seayork2002

• QuirkyMum

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh it's a horrible feeling. Happened to me not that long ago and even though I knew the chances were tiny it didn't stop me obsessing over it. Can you give yourself a deadline? As in, refuse to even think about it until Friday then take a test to get the negative results that you surely will, and then relax?

could it be perimenopause or menopausal? (sorry about spelling)

This is what I was thinking. I’m currently at day 78 . Definitely not pregnant.

My cycles have gone a bit funny over the years after vasectomy. No pregnancy. You'll be right. Take a test by all means but I would say nope.

I am day 39. No chance here but even with 24- 32 day cycles this is late for me. I only just turned 44 too!

Slightly off topic and I have zero medical knowledge in this area but I always assumed that from 40 onwards perimenopause symptoms were fair game... I vividly remember my mum getting symptoms from around 42 as she had a disastrous all in one day type of cycle the day of my brother's wedding (before period underwear existed!) That meant she was needing the bathroom every 30 minutes and during the speeches she flooded through her dress onto the white chair covers because the father of the bride spoke for 40 minutes.

My long way of saying I don't think 44 is young for it.

OP, if you are over 30 days then do a test to rule it out of your mind and then forget about it as a possibility.

VeritasVinumArte

My normally long irregular cycles went haywire soon after 40. Perrimenopausal time is not fun. I vary from 16d to 80+ now.

Do a pregnancy test.

I vote perimenopause too, my regular cycle stretched out to 50 days and I freaked out and took a test. Poor DH was tied up in knots waiting LOL

My cycle now snaps between 45 - 50 days and then only 15-20 days. Oh the joys of being a woman.

Kiwi Bicycle

I am day 39. No chance here but even with 24- 32 day cycles this is late for me. I only just turned 44 too!

Slightly off topic and I have zero medical knowledge in this area but I always assumed that from 40 onwards perimenopause symptoms were fair game... I vividly remember my mum getting symptoms from around 42 as she had a disastrous all in one day type of cycle the day of my brother's wedding (before period underwear existed!) That meant she was needing the bathroom every 30 minutes and during the speeches she flooded through her dress onto the white chair covers because the father of the bride spoke for 40 minutes.

My long way of saying I don't think 44 is young for it.

OP, if you are over 30 days then do a test to rule it out of your mind and then forget about it as a possibility.

I have to ask my mum what symptoms she had and when , but she didn't hit full menopause until into her 50s. I was hoping the same for me.

Seayork2002

My mum did not hit menopause till early to mid 50's, I was in my late 30's but I had a side issue that they believe caused it, I though I was going mad!

but annoyingly I got lots of symptoms which I coped with but I just wish my period stopped but nope that was regular as clockwork

I don't mean to be rude but why don't you just do a test?

Because she's terrified it might be positive and is too scared to test in case it's bad news and also therefore a real problem not just something hypothetical that she can try and ignore and dismiss because it probably isn't real. Or so i imagine based on recent experience!

I thought that was pretty obvious from the OP.!

Because she's terrified it might be positive and is too scared to test in case it's bad news and also therefore a real problem not just something hypothetical that she can try and ignore and dismiss because it probably isn't real. Or so i imagine based on recent experience!

I thought that was pretty obvious from the OP.!

Sometimes people are just unable to see outside their own bubble.

IamtheMumma

Its more likely your hormones are screwy than pregnant. Mentally make the decision to buy a test tomorrow and then your body will sigh and your period will arrive overnight.

How old are you OP? Mine periods started going screwy at 44. A week early or a week late. Not good for the heart!

This is a fair point.

It’s actually because I am pretty sure I am being ridiculous and it would be a waste of time/money etc.

Early 20s reliable way to bring on a concerningly late period was to woman up and get the guts to buy and take a pregnancy test. Guaranteed to bring it in an hour or two afterwards and make you feel like an idiot who wasted their money 😆

Also I’m only 37, I was talking to my GP last year, in relation to something else about my mother going through menopause on the early side (42). She said there’s a big difference even though it’s only a few years. Also she did run a hormone test and all came up normal.

I really just need to be patient and wait for period to show up. And try not to stress.

Sancti-claws

Or take a test so you can rule it out (or not).

In the past, I have found just BUYING a pregnancy test is a surefire way of bringing a lethargic period into line.

[mention]QuirkyMum[/mention] have you mentioned the weight gain and bloating to the GP?

Any pain? I'd be getting checked for any issues with your ovaries if I were you.

Don't panic but mention it next time you go.

Advertisement