IGNORED

Cracked heels

EmmaFY

Hi all,

Since being pregnant with DD I've been getting cracked heels for the first time in my entire life.

I usually just make sure to moisturise more often, and it gets better. This time, I have a deep crack that feels like I'm walking on glass. So annoying and bloody sore.

Hit me with your best fixes, please?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jenflea

• EmmaFY

• Popper

• Flutterby

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with the recommendation of the chiropody sponge (the brand name is Hero's and it comes in a cardboard box a bit smaller than a bar of soap). Eulactol heel balm is also very effective.

Silverstreak

Lots of moisturising and if you can stand it, moisturise then put on cotton socks before hopping into bed.

I have never heard of a chirobody sponge, I use heel balm and it helps, but you definitely need to scrub in the shower direct. I’ll be purchasing one of these sponges this week!

Oh and yes to putting heel balm on and then socks

Rainbowbear

When I had badly cracked heels to the point it was super sore and would occasionally bleed I would soak my feet in a salt bath and then cover in Vaseline and put socks on. Once they were a lot better but not complexity gone I got one of the packets of foot peel booties from Priceline that you wear for an hour or so then a week later a layer of skin peels off that got rid of the last of it and I have not had any issues since and it was a few years ago now. Im not sure why they got so bad then so not sure if I have changed something that as made it stay away

I just had this issue recently. To the point my foot bled (in my case the climate where I live is not nice for skin). The key to keeping it from happening is regular scrubbing on your feet. I usually soak for 10-20mins in warm salty water then scrub with a pumice stone. Heel balm and cotton socks will help heal the cracks. I did it 2-3 times a day and 4 days later mines pretty much healed. But heel balm or even just lanolin on the heels regularly will help.

I've also heard cracked heels CAN be a sign your thyroid is out of whack so if you have other symptoms it might be worth a check up too. hormones can go haywire after pregnancy.

Iamferalz

I am a runner so I have to look after my heels.

I give myself regular foot soaks in the bath or using a plastic bowl and then scrub with a flannel and Hero's.

The foot cream from Aldi is really effective at softening hard skin as well.

There are a few foot masks on sale too which I have found to work well.

Good luck.

I use a paddle type exfoliator on it then eulactol with socks on overnight. 2-3 nights makes such a massive difference

I soak my feet in warm, sometimes soapy water, go over my heels with e ped egg and rub in body butter. If the cracks are exceptionally deep/sore I rub some paw paw cream on and put some socks on

• 2 weeks later...

I've always had terrible cracked heels so have tried everything but the thing that works the best for me is O'Keeffes Healthy Feet foot cream. I get it from iHerb for about $9. My feet have gone from really rough, cracked and sore to lovely and soft. I love it.

Advertisement