IGNORED

Ozgirl's immune issues (changed from hives) - Update

Ozgirl

You are in the country now? Is there still ragweed or canola in bloom, or maybe the pollens still resting on window sills etc?

You are in the country now? Is there still ragweed or canola in bloom, or maybe the pollens still resting on window sills etc?

I was, when this happened.

Im back in sydney this week. Although heading back on Friday.

Princess Peach

Ragweed spores were the culprit of the massive thunderstorm asthma episode in Victoria the other year - nasty stuff actually.

• 5 months later...

So this has been bubbling along in the background. I have been meaning to update. 

No real answers as yet. 

I do have para proteins in my blood which means im at risk of MGUS, which means that I am at risk of Multiple myeloma (which just quietly my grandmother has and could only be treated with chemo tablets for 2 years and now its just a waiting period for it to kill her... so just a wee bit scary) 

Anyway I have had a few flare ups over winter, the last 3 I had, had a loose correlation to wheat. So cut it completely.

I also had a telehealth follow up with the Immunologist on tuesday. That was my 3rd appt, she didnt have any of my bloods (she asked for bloods anytime I had a flare up. I went to great lengths to do this) she didnt have notes that my GP called her after the 3rd flare up in Sept and spoke to the Registar So I feel like I am getting nowhere, she did agree to send bloods for wheat allergy testing. 

But this morning I had another flare up. No wheat, and because of IVF I am on prednisone - so everyone was confused. I have also been taking antihistamines daily since May. 

The newest suggestion is Rosacea. I was sceptical but he gave me Metronidazole to try. Bloody private script!!! Anyway it has actually calmed down a lot! 

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Wow, I’m glad that it’s been detected. It could play a role in presenting with autoimmune symptoms. And certainly the inflammatory markers. So when are they coming out?

• Like 1

Hopefully in a couple of weeks. 

He will call me when the pathology comes back. (More bloods... apparently im getting scar tissue. Cause I only have one good arm 🙄) likely friday. And then a plan, but we talked about the 13th dec for surgery. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MintyBiscuit said:

How frustrating that the pins coming out weren’t mentioned earlier, that’s really poor form. I hope this gets you some proper answers 

Yes! 

i had a post surgery check up at 3 and 6 weeks. 

The were the ones who suggested I get the pins removed 'if I want to' when I have the ACL repair!

Screws and pins coming out is a bit of a controversial topic as such. Some people are told they have to come out and like me ( a plate and 11 screws) are told they are with us for life. Different doctors say different things.. I guess I am lucky I have had more X-rays and scans a few years after they inserted, so have had a check to see no issues.

So don't feel bad about not getting them out sooner. Even doctors don't agree,

Cross fingers it helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

Screws and pins coming out is a bit of a controversial topic as such. Some people are told they have to come out and like me ( a plate and 11 screws) are told they are with us for life. Different doctors say different things.. I guess I am lucky I have had more X-rays and scans a few years after they inserted, so have had a check to see no issues.

So don't feel bad about not getting them out sooner. Even doctors don't agree,

Cross fingers it helps.

Yes that’s what I thought. 

when I called my mum I gave her permission to say ‘I told you so’. She has been adamant they should be out for a while. Particularly when I had a few episodes of be in a LOT of pain in my ankle. I put myself to bed one night at about 6pm… it was that bad. 

47 minutes ago, Pip said:

@Ozgirl do you happen to take proton pump inhibitors???  They have being associated with causing utricaria 

No, well I dont think so! Have no idea what they are. 

• 3 weeks later...

Im sitting here in the hospital waiting for my surgery. 

This is cruel, I have been up since 7am for  930 admission and still waiting. It lunch time im starving! LOL

And I watching people go through that have been her less time than me. 

Attractive! 

IMG_20211213_1207039.jpg

• Care 5

2 hours ago, Ozgirl said:

Wow he is laying the boot in. 

1. Blah blah blah...

And 2. 

(Like he number his complaints...)

It can probably all be narrowed down to hangry.

Good luck

• Like 2

Fruitmincepies

Waiting is the worst. I remember once waiting most of the day, me and one other woman and neither of us were able to sit comfortably in the chairs provided. We ended up being moved to a room so we could lie down. 

Hopefully you went in soon after your last post and are already in recovery x

2 hours ago, Wolf87 said:

All the best, hope it all goes well! Are you having the repair AND pins coming out?

That was the plan - both are bandaged. So seems I went ahead.

My father missed the call from the surgeon - 🥺

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Mooguru said:

It can probably all be narrowed down to hangry.

Good luck

One statement was 'im a very busy person, I do nt appreciate my time being wasted like this. 

• Haha 1

Advertisement