IGNORED

Very low heart rate

Fruitmincepies

Fruitmincepies

I’m not asking for medical advice as the person concerned is currently sitting in ED hooked up to monitoring.

But how low can a heart rate go? The healthy, active (but not super fit), middle-aged man has a resting heart rate in the 30s, sometimes dropping as low as 26. This is not new, and full examinations (including treadmill tests etc) have been done by cardiologists on at least two occasions over the last 7 years. The person is there for (probably) something else (I can’t rule out that the things are related I suppose), but the heart rate freaks everyone out.

Anyone else got experience with this? I’m frustrated as I’m stuck at home with sick DS and can’t go in with the family member and ask a million questions...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fruitmincepies

• YTT1

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BusbyWilkes

An older family member was having 24 hour monitoring. They handed back the monitoring device and were told they would get the results via their doctor in a couple of days. 10 minutes later they got a call saying to go straight to hospital. Had a heart rate of 19 - they couldn’t believe he was standing! Had a pacemaker fitted.

Have they had continuous monitoring before, or just intermittent? Might make a difference between what they find.

My heart rate gets to about 32 overnight (sustained, not just low peek), once in hospital is was below 40 so they took morphine off me (dang I loved the stuff). My mum had a low heart rate as well. I'm fit, active, low weight. I have normal 60 bpm during the day on average, resting lower during the day - I wear a smartwatch. Although for some strange reason my watch sends me stress insight moments every week or so and it's always at 2pm lol (so high heart rate and no activity).

I have a tendency to collapse after medical procedures and have fainted and knocked myself out on an international flight (yay not) and have been diagnosed with a bleeding disorder - von willebrands type 1 which when diagnosed was an eye opening moment into my past bleeding issues.

Fruitmincepies

Well they have been admitted to cardiology despite coming in for a neuro issue, maybe the two are linked. Or they have decided that the heart is taking priority. Anyway, they are in the best place and very well monitored! And in their own room right, but it’s right outside the nurses station so it might be a bit of a noisy night.

Advertisement