Weight loss support thread

PocketMacrophobia

Awards

Kallie wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:44 am Does pushing a pram with 2 kids inside and 2 kids holding on count as cardio and weights? 😄 that was 2 hours of my day yesterday, glad I only have to do it once a week this month. Dunno about losing weight, but I am definitely going to get a lot fitter this year!
Definitely!!
CCABW

Awards

Kallie wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:44 am Does pushing a pram with 2 kids inside and 2 kids holding on count as cardio and weights? 😄 that was 2 hours of my day yesterday, glad I only have to do it once a week this month. Dunno about losing weight, but I am definitely going to get a lot fitter this year!
Absolutely 🤣
Spidey_Senses

Awards

Ive decided to give up cheese for a while, Im also not eating alcohol, sweets or pastry type things. But DS was up all night with an ear infection so I ate badly today. Urrgh.
+ellie+

Awards

That definitely counts @Kallie!

Thanks to everyone for sharing their journey, I’m really enjoying reading the thread. My weight seems to be fluctuating a lot (up to 1.5kg each day), but doesn’t seem to be increasing overall. I’d like to be doing more exercise, but am in that gross stage of pregnancy (9 weeks) where I don’t feel like doing much, and would probably throw up!
CCABW

Awards

+ellie+ wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:41 pm That definitely counts @Kallie!

Thanks to everyone for sharing their journey, I’m really enjoying reading the thread. My weight seems to be fluctuating a lot (up to 1.5kg each day), but doesn’t seem to be increasing overall. I’d like to be doing more exercise, but am in that gross stage of pregnancy (9 weeks) where I don’t feel like doing much, and would probably throw up!
Congratulations!

The up side of feeling queasy is less eating...at least in theory 🤣
Meepy

Awards

So last year I started on lite n easy and was able to do two weeks then had to stop because of migraines (not related to dieting as the migraines have continued on a very regular basis regardless of food intake). I need to lose weight as I have put on 5.5kg since November to 87.5 and need to lose at least 20kgs to get into healthy weight range.
Main problem is inability to exercise, lying in dark room for days on end and very hard to make food due to constant pain and tiredness. I am also on medication that cause weight gain which I can’t change.
Any suggestions welcome. I am looking at combining shakes with lite n easy - I wasn’t too keen on the frozen dinners before though.
CCABW

Awards

I swear by fast800. I’ve had some good success on it, the scales move downwards quickly.
Kallie

Awards

Well, I fell off the wagon a bit this week 🙈 dh has been enabling me coz he knows I'm having a tough time generally, but I did let him. Ugh, so I said yesterday it's time to stop, back on the wagon today.
The world is full of kind people. If you can't see one, be one.
Twin2

Awards

I probably should check in too...last two weeks have not been good...I have so much going on and just haven't been in the headspace to focus on walking or weight loss. After next week things will start to settle down and I'll get back on track. Wishing you all well
PocketMacrophobia

Awards

I've been really hit or miss this week. Weigh day tomorrow.
Zogee

Awards

I’m still doing okay, weight loss has plateaued a bit but not gaining at least -and I’m close to my goal now. I’m struggling with boredom with the lite n easy dinners a bit. But it has been nearly 6 weeks.
Just have to figure out a transition plan when Dh hits his goal weight because the kids are getting tired of eating separately to us. Well, the youngest doesn’t care but my daughter is a little gourmet in the making 😜
PocketMacrophobia

Awards

I forgot to weigh myself 🤦‍♀️
Elfie34

Awards

Well with lockdown looming I ate a picnic chocolate and sourdough with butter and cheese as my 9pm supper. This after a burger and a hotdog for dinner.
I didn’t drink any alcohol though so at least I didn’t go all out
Today I started with a jog walk so am feeling better. I’m going to try to not eat my way through lockdown
caitiri

Awards

I ate 3 times the amount of fish and chips that I should of last night. Told DH it was clearly panic eating.
PocketMacrophobia

Awards

Back up to 76.7kg 🤦‍♀️
overlytired

Awards

I made schnitzel and breaded mushrooms for supper. On the bright side, I restrained myself to one serving.
Fruitmincepies

Awards

Team Member

@Kallie https://www.theguardian.com/food/2021/f ... -addiction

Maybe helpful to read about someone else’s battle?
Babetty

Awards

So I fell off the wagon last week - tough time at work plus period, so plenty of comfort eating. I always get really hungry at that time of the month! However, this week is a new week and it's been pretty good so far!
Etcetera

Awards

Trying to get back into things after a couple of injuries which meant I count exercise which was frustrating. Concentrating on strengthening exercises.
NerdyAndProud

Awards

No loss this past week, maybe even a small gain but meh.

On Sunday I had one of those fuckit days - out for breakfast date with husband (Eggs Benedict with bacon on white bread), coffee with the girls (iced Cherry Ripe Espresski from a cafe) and a massive steak burger and chips for dinner!

I have been for a ride Monday and will go again tomorrow.
Kallie

Awards

Feb has not been a great month for me. Struggling to get back on the wagon, if worst comes to worst I'll restart for March I guess. On the plus side dh has booked in for the snip so count down is on till I can get this implanon out which I think will help a lot with the weight
overlytired

Awards

I've finally managed to move from the plateau holding me at a certain weight since mid-Dec, and I'm down 9.5kg (since Nov). I haven't done much exercise though so it's been a very slow slog.
Elfie34

Awards

I have lost 2kg since January 1 which is shit when i have 8kg to go and i have been doing 1 hour of rather intense cardio a day. So my thoughts on this are
a) still eating too much food
b) my age (41) as i used to be able to control my weight through exercise

Today i read this article which sort of supports the theory that exercise doesn't do much
https://www.theage.com.au/lifestyle/hea ... 57620.html

and i do wonder if i have to radically adjust my food intake. I don't drink alcohol anymore, limit myself to one coffee and have reduced meat intake but i am guessing that i am still eating too much cheese and eggs, as well as after-dinner snacks. i love food and really dont enjoy the low carb lifestyle everyone seems to swear by
Kallie

Awards

That's interesting re: exercise, I find exercise makes a decent difference for me, but I think it's to do with the interplay of exercise and pcos rather than exercise on its own. Low gi could be an option to look at instead of cutting carbs?

I'm back on the wagon as of yesterday, day 2 is going ok. Yesterday was hell since I was so tired as well. I definitely crave the caffeine more when I'm tired. 2 hours walking yesterday, slowly getting better with it, still sore after. 1 hour to do today
NerdyAndProud

Awards

I am hovering around the 62kg mark.

Looking at my stat chart, for the last couple of kilos, it has taken me a month to lose 1 kg. Slow and steady I guess!

As long as I don't gain too much, I am happy :)