IGNORED

Weight loss support thread

Knottygirl

Hi there all!! Still me, still going V-E-R-Y slowly here, still bouncing between 71 and 74. Glad this thread has "migrated".

I also only read along with this thread before. So time to jump in. I’m concentrating mostly on diet and so far have lost 5 kilos. It’s slow going but I’m pleased with my progress so far. I haven’t worked out how much I want to lose yet, just need to fit back in to my clothes!

I will join in, I was in and out of old threads before I am hoping I can stick to something this time because its not just about the weight now I am just feeling uncomfortable and tired all the time

Have just restarted. 12 weeks to Christmas and I was at the heaviest I ever had been. Shitty mental health will do that to you.

But 98 down to 96kg. Hoping to get under 90 by Christmas this year.

Just sensible eating here.

Have just restarted. 12 weeks to Christmas and I was at the heaviest I ever had been. Shitty mental health will do that to you.

And meds OMG. I put on so much with meds. Had a med change and have been able to lose some since

I'm joining in, I have SO much to lose. I'm slowly getting my shit together. I know what to do, I know how to do it, but of course DOING it isn't always as easy... one day at a time :D

Hi everyone, I had a bad car accident a few months ago and dr hasnt allowed me to go back to the gym for all that time. Im feeling really bloated today and psychologically really awful with not much exercise. Im lucky that I have been able to maintain my weight but I feel so flabby from no weight training. I will be glad to go back to the gym next week.

Great to see you all here 🙂

I’ve been told to improve my help I need to look at my diet.

My issue is I really have no idea what I should be eating and should not.

I have been told to cut my portion size and stop eating processed fattty food.

Day 2 and I have broken every rule I was given.

Captain Tightpants

I posted in the old "New Diet Thread" but will join in here, if thats ok!

2.5 months ago, I decided to make a lifestyle change and cut out all of the crap that I was eating and drinking. No longer do I eat about 3-4 packets of lollies a week, plus chocolate biscuits at morning tea time, plus having a Jack's and coke every second night or so...... the list goes on! No wonder I put on 4 'rona kilos!

I also picked up my son's mountain bike that was sitting idle in the garage and started cycling. At first, it was just a couple of times a week but I have increased that to 4-5 times a week now. I ride 35 minutes, which is a 10km ride. I enjoy it so much that I bought myself a new bike, better suited to the type of riding I do!

Along with cutting out the crap, I have started calorie counting, aiming for between 1400 - 1500 cals a day. Calorie counting suits me as it keeps me in check with what I am eating. I still have my latte coffees and I still have treats, I just eat them in moderation (if I have leftover calories at night ;) ) or have a salad for lunch on take away dinner night. I have changed my mindset completely when it comes to food, looking for healthier options or simply having smaller portions. I have also started having Lite-n-easy for lunches, I work 5 days a week so that is purely for convenience, I can just grab and go each morning.

Stats - I started at 72 kg, I am now down to 67.4 and have lost nearly 8cm from my waist measurement. I am rather proud of myself! At 160cm, I am sitting in the obsese BMI range, my goal is to get to a healthy BMI.

A letter to elise

That’s awesome nerdy!

I’ve been doing Noom for a few weeks. I started trying to lose weight in june. I lost a few kilos, then I had surgery, and put a lot of it back on. I’ve finally recovered enough from the surgery that I can exercise properly most days. I was finding it hard to stay on track though, so I signed up for noom.

It’s going ok so far. I’m recognising the patterns that contributed to the weight gain, and trying to adapt. I’ve lost the post surgery weight, now I have about another 7kg to lose.

Hi everyone,

I joined the original thread for a while, then it all fell by the way side. Now seems like a good time to come back.

I'm disgustingly obese and have been for too long. My current goals are small but hopefully achievable: not have any coke 2 days a week, plan being too increase days until only having coke 1 day a week, then re-evaluate. And cut down on takeaway, with a newborn and 3 other kids i've been taking the easy option way too much and it's not kind to my waist, health or hip pocket.

So that's the start, later I'd like to have more single serve meals in the freezer for lunches and start on exercise.

Good luck everyone

So glad so many people came over! I’m still stuck at 62kg. Driving me nuts. It’s my own fault, I’m falling back into bad habits.

Today we went out to dinner which is never good 😂. But was nice. Enjoyed going out cause something we rarely do.

You sounds like you are doing amazing nerdy! Well done. I am similar height and started similar weight.

I was to get the last 4kg off before Xmas season kicks in!

Might follow along, would love to find some inspiration to finally follow some sort of meal plan or exercise routine. Ive had a crazy few years, gained weight steadily over 5 years and was 91kg before falling pregnant with my first kid in 2018. A week or so after she was born I was about 70kg, which was fantastic, but 14 months later and I'm now 100kg, quite unwell, always tired and just kind of miserable. I have a terrible diet and dont exercise. I can only partially blame Covid and ISO. Its really all on me, I know what I need to do, but cant seem to 'stick to it'. Anyone tried hypnotherapy, Ive thought about it...

I’ve been told to improve my help I need to look at my diet.

My issue is I really have no idea what I should be eating and should not.

I have been told to cut my portion size and stop eating processed fattty food.

Day 2 and I have broken every rule I was given.

Seeing a registered dietitian would be very helpful.

Ooo I’m in, so I’m calorie counting strict diet. Not losing any weight at the moment but I’m going to keep at it. I have a lot of weight to lose and want to get there before I turn 40.

PocketMacrophobia

I'm so happy this thread has started 😁

I'm still aiming for 54kg, I'm very short so that's just into my healthy range.

I'm using Fitbit to track everything and trying to increase my exercise in my everyday life.

I currently have no idea what my weight actually is though. No scales. Only here for another 3 or so months and can't quite convince myself that it's worth finding some for such a short time.

I need to find more time to exercise.

I do martial arts twice a week, Monday and wed evening. But after wed I just don’t get time to do anything. Thurs just seems to be perpetually full of things, work meetings parent teacher nights orientations. Friday I just need to relax to enjoy the end of the week. And sat sun is just mad grocery shopping washing ect, visiting family. Taking kids out.

I signed up to do my surf rescue cert with my kids nippers club. I need to be able to swim 200m so I need to fit in swimming in the end of the week somehow I reckon.

Advertisement