IGNORED

Red, hot & sweaty vent

qak

I've just been going for walks, and I get very red, hot and sweaty.

Is this normal-ish? Does it get better as I get fitter? I've been walking for about 10 weeks now and I am upping the speed/distance a bit, so I'd say I am getting fitter (my legs don't hurt as much!) but the red/hot/sweat factor is higher.

It doesn't help when I go to the hairdresser and she says she doesn't sweat :?

And another friend goes to the same hairdresser every week, because she only needs to wash her hair once a week, even though she does circuit exercise every day - so gets hairdresser to do wash & blowdry! While I sweat & wash & frizz daily. More than mildly jealous here!

To add to my pain - I found out I can't use those extra strong anti-perspirants - I end up with a rash similar to 20 mozzie bites in each armpit, very uncomfortable! :roll:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fruitmincepies

• qak

• Chicken Pie

• verucasalt

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha this is funny I was seriously about to vent about the same thing yesterday as I sat with literal drops of sweat running off me. I’d say if the sweating is a new thing you’ll probably improve when you get fitter. Unfortunately for me I have always been this sweaty even as a fit teenager so I have no hope.

I also can’t use the good anti persperants

I've started sweating a lot more, it seems to be since I've put weight on. I'm hoping it improves once I lose weight.

I've always gone embarrassingly beetroot red whenever I exercise or the weather is mildly warm. So I'm not expecting that to ever change, unfortunately.

hell i break out in a hot red sweat just doing the house cleaning lol

i have found with each passing year i sweat more easily, up to my early 30s i struggled to break a sweat

Fruitmincepies

I go red hot and sweaty with mild exercise, it doesn’t get better with fitness. It makes me avoid things like walking the kids to school if it’s even mildly warm because I’ll be a red puddle.

I sweat loads while exercising and go beetroot red. It has no bearing on how fit I am, I think it's just how my body deals with it. It is embarrassingly gross sometimes though.

Is this a new level of flushing/sweatiness? How old are you, where do you live?

Humidity and hormones could be impacting on your sweatiness, or it could be a unique thing for you as you get older. Medications can also impact of how flushed you get/vasodilation etc.

I sweat loads while exercising and go beetroot red. It has no bearing on how fit I am, I think it's just how my body deals with it. It is embarrassingly gross sometimes though.

This is the same as me. I am just a red and sweaty person.

Another beetroot here.

Early last December we were at Uluru, and did a several hour hike around Kata Tjuta (used to be called The Olgas) and it was predicted to be low forties that day. It was already 38 in the shade when we finished late morning, and the guides were quite concerned about how I 'looked' (which is as you'd hope, it was borderline whether we'd even go), but I could reassure them that was my usual look when I exercised.

I go red hot and sweaty with mild exercise, it doesn’t get better with fitness. It makes me avoid things like walking the kids to school if it’s even mildly warm because I’ll be a red puddle.

I've found that I actually get more sweaty the fitter I get, I suppose because I can go harder so I need to sweat more?

I break a sweat even doing Body Balance, I am a very sweaty exerciser.

My DD is very fair like me and also gets a pink face when she gets hot. The daycare staff used to get so worried about her but it's just what she does!

hell i break out in a hot red sweat just doing the house cleaning lol

i have found with each passing year i sweat more easily, up to my early 30s i struggled to break a sweat

Yep, am nearing 50 and my forties are markedly more sweaty, especially on my face! Just from walking or light exercise. I've gained weight this decade but suspect for me the florid wet face is due to aging. I hate it!

It's summer! Aren't we all sweaty?

And also it's a very humid one, so if you sweat more than usual it could just be that you do better in a dry heat than a La Nina one. I do better in a dark, air conditioned tomb, or in winter.

Fruitmincepies

I've found that I actually get more sweaty the fitter I get, I suppose because I can go harder so I need to sweat more?

I break a sweat even doing Body Balance, I am a very sweaty exerciser.

My DD is very fair like me and also gets a pink face when she gets hot. The daycare staff used to get so worried about her but it's just what she does!

Yes daycare get really worried that the kids are sunburnt, when it’s just that they have been playing in the heat.

:flushed: :flushed: It does seem to be a bit worse than when I was younger. But I do remember getting quite red & hot then too, maybe from more exertion though. But I would've been 30 kg lighter :flushed:

Maybe I could set this as my avatar :flushed: :grin: :laughing: :oops:

• 2 weeks later...

In my experience, it's your body trying to cool itself down and all the experts say, don't wipe it off. I draw the line when it's dripping into my mouth or eyes. Seriously gross, but preferable to Winter.

I wonderful if it is linked to your body's base temperature?

I can go beetroot red bushwalking but hardly be sweating. Sometimes I think if I sweated more I may go less red.

OTOH thanks to hormones I can be a sweaty mess sitting at my desk. And I'm on HRT already . Sigh.

Not Escapin Xmas

Another soggy beetroot here. I’m dripping and bright red after exercise.

Me too! I’ve had people ask me if I’m ok! Hahahaha.

I'm another who sweats til I'm drenched. I exercise both on land and in water. Afterwards no one could tell which, I swear. But I go white in the face, not red, which is an even worse look. Like a sweaty zombie movie :skull:: Very gross. If I've really gone hard I go red in two patches just over each shoulder blade which looks like I've been slapping myself :lol: But everywhere else I apparently have no blood.

Advertisement